Notifications
Clear all

Popped A Pimple Long Ago. I Can Still Feel It Under My Skin

MemberMember
(@andralodo)

Posted : 04/02/2015 9:05 am

Hi

I had some pretty big pimples on my cheeks like 3 months ago. Back then i popped them when they got a head. Everything came out, the fluid aswell. Since then the spots have healed. Though i can still feel something where i had the spot. The skin is perfectly flat but under it i can feel like a little bump. Its not a cyst because its small compared to a cyst aronud and i dont have hormonal acne i just irritated my skin with a facial cleanser. I wonder what might have happened, why it has happened and if you know how i could treat it??

All answers are greatful! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/02/2015 12:02 pm

I've had these. Sometimes if a pimple doesn't fully go away you are left with what they call an unresolved pimple. Oftentimes these are caused by some bit of hardened matter still trapped in the pore after the spot healed, leaving a small bump that can be visible or just felt. In my experience, the only way to really get rid of these is to wait for the area to inflame again, come to another head, and for the contents of the pore to finally be emptied, resolving the pimple. An unresolved pimple that I had had for a few years finally resolved just recently. But I wouldn't recommend repeatedly squeezing and forcing the area as this may cause some permanent damage. Hope this helps! :)

Andralodo liked
MemberMember
(@andralodo)

Posted : 04/13/2015 8:57 am

Thank you so much i havent seen anybody on the internet ho had this problem. Thanks for the information!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/13/2015 9:07 am

Thank you so much i havent seen anybody on the internet ho had this problem. Thanks for the information!

No problem, glad I could help! :)

MemberMember
(@andralodo)

Posted : 04/13/2015 10:31 am

No problem, glad I could help! :)

By the way im just wondering the unresolved pimple that you had. Did it just resolve after a few years or did it like become inflamed again and the pus came out?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 04/13/2015 12:22 pm

The spot eventually inflamed again and after clearing the pus, quite a bit of solid matter came out. The spot healed and flattened completely after that.

MemberMember
(@andralodo)

Posted : 04/14/2015 9:51 am

The spot eventually inflamed again and after clearing the pus, quite a bit of solid matter came out. The spot healed and flattened completely after that.

Okay great now i know thanks again!

DeLovely liked