Notifications
Clear all

Last Hope Before Accutane

MemberMember
(@omaris25)

Posted : 04/02/2015 12:06 am

Hi everybody,

I wanted to start a thread about my acne journey over the past 8 years, starting when I was 18 years old. I've tried every over-the-counter solution there is and everything a dermatologist can prescribe...besides Accutane. I went recently to the dermatologist and requested more information, but as I had to sign my waiver I learned about some of the possible side effects such as suicide.

IMG_0328_2.jpg?dl=0IMG_0335_2%202.jpg?dl=0

I'm truly desperate to clear my skin, but I don't want to go on Accutane.

Here is my last hope for clearing my skin before giving in.

The thought process:

I've tried just about every cream or anti-biotic there is and I know I should not touch my face. So I was thinking, what is the only thing that actually touches my face without clean hands? NOTHING...but the thing that does touch my face every day for up to 8 hours is my pillowcase.

If you wash your face every night but put your face on a pillowcase that has caught dust and dirt all day, plus probably hasent been changed in 2 weeks then you are exposing your nice and clean face to a pile full of germs and dirt.

So now I will started change my pillowcase every night with a new fresh one BUT I will also take a shower at night to before I sleep so I dont put my dirty head on my pillowcase which will then be touched by my face.

Hopefully this works.

I'd love to hear your feedback or advice.

Thanks everyone.

-Omar

MemberMember
(@cross17)

Posted : 04/03/2015 9:41 am

I have also struggled with persistent cystic acne since I was about 13 (I'm 26 now). I have had success and failures with many many MANY dermatologist products. The success Ive had has been temporary....

Acne has many causes and only treating the symptoms once they are on your face is not going to cut it. Have you considered a food intolerance? I believe acne comes from what you put into your body as well as what you leave out..I have stopped eating corn products and lowering my sugar consumption and guess what....I'm totally clear and have been clear for a month! Also taking juice plus capsules for whole food nutrition. Give it a try before you flood your body with poisons (accutane)

MemberMember
(@omaris25)

Posted : 04/08/2015 2:43 am

Thanks for the advice cross17. I actually have tested for food intolerances and found no correlation to not eating certain foods and having less acne. I cut sugar for 3 weeks, protein shakes for 3 weeks, chocolate for 2 months, milk for 2 months, and on.

I continue to think about how to improve the health of my skin.

Here is an update on my skin:

I actually notice an improvement with one small change already.

IMG_0397.jpg?dl=0IMG_0330.jpg?dl=0

I will continue to test it and see if I get better improvements by next week.

Wish everybody the best!