Notifications
Clear all

Struggling To Get Enough Calories

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 03/31/2015 8:10 pm

I've been trying to eat healthier to see if it has any impact on my acne, and I noticed I'm almost always starving. I know it's because my body is not getting enough calories, and on top of that I now exercise daily so that makes me lose even more. I was wondering how everyone else deals with this?

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 03/31/2015 9:38 pm

What type of diet are you eating?

If it's just organic, then some bulk foods are brown rice, Oats (mixed with apples, blue berries, or whatever you want to make it taste good), and %100 Whole wheat organic pasta noodles (wheat should be only ingredient). The oats don't usually keep me full, but brown rice does a great job of doing it. Brown rice fills me up and gives me energy throughout the entire day. I just can't eat it anymore because I'm sensitive to rice.

Wheat noodles

Brown Rice (organic)

P.S.

I have noticed when I don't have much to do, I over eat. But yes, please details on your diet!

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/31/2015 10:48 pm

Can you eat peanut butter? That stuff has 90 calories in a spoonful. You can buy stuff that is 100% peanuts, too.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/03/2015 1:46 am

Most acne sufferers can't eat peanut butter. The only true way to know what foods you can eat is to test for them. I reccommend ordering a mediator release test straight from Florida. Saves time and money. I'm saving up for one right now. Otherwise, you can try specific diets like paleo, or low histamine. You may see results fast, but it takes months to completely heal on these diets.

I'm totally with you, though! I'm eating only carrots, oats, and wheat, and have been so low on energy! But today, I suddenly have had a lot of energy. I think it's either from drinking water, or making sure my room's air is fresh and not hot and stale.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/04/2015 5:29 pm

I don't believe that there's anything wrong with gmo food, so I don't bother eating organic only. Usually I eat some baked chicken/fish with a side of carrots, beans, broccoli, peas, and corn. Sometimes white rice. My acne hasn't been related to food before so really I'm just doing this because I've exhausted all other options. I also eat bananas, peaches, and oranges for snacks instead of chocolate and candy.

MemberMember
(@jaures)

Posted : 04/04/2015 5:32 pm

An easy way to get more calories if you don't feel hungry, is too get it from drinks.

I recommend milk, it is very easy to drink 1L of milk and to get an additional 500kcal in your day.

However some people discourage milk for acne, .

I used to do that to gain weight.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/04/2015 11:58 pm

You're right. GMO's and Pesticides don't affect everyone's acne. They do affect mine, though. I have histamine intolerance, and Pesticides cause histamine reactions. I have a corn and soy intolerance, and those are the two top GMO foods in the country, which is put in the majority of the foods that we eat. I mainly discourage them for health and environmental reasons. Plus, a lot of nutrients may be absent in non-organic foods.

BTW, I'm on a 3 foods diet right now. Wheat, Oats, and Carrots. I know grains aren't the best for digestion. But I found eating oats by themselves keeps me full, or just eating a crap ton of %100 wheat pasta with carrots followed by water. Easier to just eat the oats, though.

MemberMember
(@oversimplifier)

Posted : 04/18/2015 12:26 pm

Add in olive oil for the extra cals.

Kay789 liked
MemberMember
(@danadanadana)

Posted : 04/23/2015 8:17 pm

I also lose tons of (unintended) weight when i eat healthy. I'm already thin so I don't want to be any skinnier. I agree with oversimplifier- I add extra olive oil to my meals (i.e. I just put the oil on top of the food). Usually, the oil makes the food taste better because it's fattier. It helps me not get too skinny.

MemberMember
(@tulane)

Posted : 04/23/2015 9:48 pm

Don't forget organic bananas are great for nutrition and adding fiber and bulk.....They will fill you up! It sounds like you are on the right track, but you do not have to stick to just 3 foods unless you have allergies or intolerences to everything else. Acne is from the liver being overloaded with toxins.....when it cannot process them all, they get secreted through another organ......your skin.....resulting in acne. So, yes, you want to detox your body and not put any more toxins in it, which we get from hormone laden meats, processed foods, pesticides, herbicides, etc. GMO seeds have pesticidses in them.....That is why they supposedly keep insects away.....Well, if an insect does not want to eat that fruit or vegetable, we shouldn't eat it either! Drink lots of water.....try for 64 ounces a day,....and squeeze an organic lemon into one or two glasses of your water each day. If you have a blender.....breakfast can be frozen organic berries, pineapple, strawberries, cherries, a handful of spinach, etc. Big salads for dinner....baked potatoes......and cut out all meat, processed foods, dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt,......and chips, cheetoes, and all junk foods with their bad oils.