Notifications
Clear all

Jojoba Oil...dry Skin...questions!

MemberMember
(@nbury)

Posted : 03/31/2015 2:10 pm

Hello.

What you need to know:

- I have mostly dry skin and sometimes my t-zone will be oily.

- Very acne-prone and sensitive. Haven't found a moisturizer that works for me.

- Started using Desert Essence 100% pure Jojoba oil yesterday

- Overnight and today I have gotten lots of clogged pores and tiny pimples all over my face.

- My acne scars/redness did seem to fade though.

- The Jojoba oil definitely feels greasy on me and does not seem to observe well.

- It is almost as if the Jojoba oil made my face drier.

- Using it as a cleanser and moisturizer.

- Been applying it with my hands but am going to try with cotton ball(s).

Questions:

- Is the Jojoba oil making me purge? Only one website I read claimed that this oil will make you purge. Oh and some reviews and comments here and there.

- Is Jojoba known to be pore clogging for some? I think it has like a 2 comedogenic rating.

- Does Jojoba oil not work so well on dry skin? I've seen tons of positive testimonies from people using it with oily skin.

- Allergic reaction possibly? A little bit of itching has occurred.

- Should I mix it with another oil? Which oil(s)? Feel like it is too heavy for me though.

- How should I apply it properly?

- Could it not be legit Jojoba oil?

- Does my face need to adjust to to it? Maybe I should try it every other day or something.

Anyone else with dry, combo, sensitive skin have any success or bad luck with jojoba oil as well? Tell me your stories :) Don't forget to include everything about your skin and your experiences using Jojoba oil. Oh and what brand of Jojoba oil you use or used.

THANKS in advance!

MemberMember
(@canucklehead12)

Posted : 04/01/2015 6:52 pm

Hello.

Questions:

- Is the Jojoba oil making me purge? Only one website I read claimed that this oil will make you purge. Oh and some reviews and comments here and there.

- Is Jojoba known to be pore clogging for some? I think it has like a 2 comedogenic rating.

- Does Jojoba oil not work so well on dry skin? I've seen tons of positive testimonies from people using it with oily skin.

- Allergic reaction possibly? A little bit of itching has occurred.

- Should I mix it with another oil? Which oil(s)? Feel like it is too heavy for me though.

- How should I apply it properly?

- Could it not be legit Jojoba oil?

- Does my face need to adjust to to it? Maybe I should try it every other day or something.

Anyone else with dry, combo, sensitive skin have any success or bad luck with jojoba oil as well? Tell me your stories :) Don't forget to include everything about your skin and your experiences using Jojoba oil. Oh and what brand of Jojoba oil you use or used.

THANKS in advance!

I've been using jojoba oil for the past 5 weeks as a moisturizer and it's been great! I have also been using water only to wash my face though, so my results may vary from yours.

• Your skin may be purging. Some people have said that they experience this when they first start using jojoba. I'm not sure if I had a bad purging stage, as it may have been my skin adjusting to not having BP applied to it.
  • I only apply it to my problem / dry skin areas, so ya it's great for dry skin!
  • The first couple of weeks I had some itching as well, mainly along my jawline. There was no redness or anything, just slight itchy sensation. After a while it just went away though.
  • After splashing water on my face, I pat dry and apply five or six drops to my fingers and just gently rub it into my face! I don't wash it off or anything. I do not apply jojoba to my cheeks though, since I've found it breaks me out there.

Anyways, jojoba oil has some amazing properties and it's definitely helped reduce inflammation. Try it out for a couple weeks at least before ya give it up. It's great as a lip balm as well!

Cheers,