Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LisaT

Amino Plex & subcision

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the amino plex spray with subcision? I am getting another subcision in a couple of weeks and am wondering if the spray would get me even better results. I would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

No one?

Well, then I will be the guinea pig. I had 8 scars subcised today. I will keep them moist with Vaseline for a couple of days, and I will start using Amino Plex on the third day for a week. I will report back if there are any imporvements.

No one? 

Well, then I will be the guinea pig.  I had 8 scars subcised today.  I will keep them moist with Vaseline for a couple of days, and I will start using Amino Plex on the third day for a week.  I will report back if there are any imporvements.

richardskin, yes, I definitely think that aminoplex helps the skin heal better, and it helps with new redness as well. I can't wait to start using it tomorrow; some of the subcised areas could definitely use the help.

dave666, this is my 6th subcision. I don't know if it's just me, but I feel that my derm went extra-aggressive this time. In fact, I am kind of worried that one scar is "over-subcised", if that makes any sense. How's yours going?

Mines going okay, redness has totally gone now. It's weird - sometimes when i look in the mirror i think i see definate improvement but other times i don't think i see any. At least it didn't make things any worse. I'm going in for my second lot of subcision in a few weeks.

Good luck with yours. Have you got much swelling/bruising at the moment?

Thanks dave666. I thought the same way with my first subcision; things seemed to look better but then again maybe not. But if your experience is anything like mine, you'll definitely see improvement after the 2nd subcision. Let me know how that turns out!

My scars are SO swollen and bruised right now. I don't think it's ever been like this! I am kind of worried but then again, it's only been 2 days. I give it more time before seriously freaking out.

Aminoplex:

I started using the aminoplex spray last night (on the 2nd night), and used it AM and PM today. The scars are noticeably better, but it could just be my skin's natural course of healing. I will see if it reduces the swelling in less than 1 week (how long it usually takes for the swelling to subside), but it's going to hard to judge this time, because the bruising is the most intense I've ever got. WIll have to see.

It's been almost a week since my trial with aminoplex and subcision. I think I have noticeably speedier recovery with the aminoplex than without! Several of my scars are still rather purple and red, but my husband agrees, that things are healing quicker than he ever thought possible (having gone through 6 subcisions, his opinion counts with me). The deepest of my scars is more or less level with the skin. There is swelling at the moment, of course, but it's better than I've ever had!

I'll see in a week or so whether the improvement still persists. If it does, that definitely goes to say alot for subcision!

Hi Lisa - Just wanted to ask if your six subcisions were done on the same scars six times or in six different areas just one time each?

I had subcision once on cheeks and chin area, and wanted my doc to do it again, but she was hesitant because she believed it could do damage if performed on the same area. Also, what improvement have you had on the previous subcisions?

Hope you have good results and happy healing!

Hi Lisa - Just wanted to ask if your six subcisions were done on the same scars six times or in six different areas just one time each?

I had subcision once on cheeks and chin area, and wanted my doc to do it again, but she was hesitant because she believed it could do damage if performed on the same area. Also, what improvement have you had on the previous subcisions?

Hope you have good results and happy healing!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I am wondering what the difference between Amino Plex and Amino peptide, cause a couple days ago I went to the store and I saw this Oil of Ulay (i think) skin rejuvenating/regenerating amino peptide cream. I had thought this was the same thing as Amino Plex?

It was $19.99

Obi, hmm, interesting question. I am not sure what the actual difference is in terms of active ingredients. Perhaps Aminoplex has stronger properties because it helps produce new skin by helping skin heal faster, while amino peptides is more for anti-aging and plumping up old skin? But this is just me guessing blindly, no scientific basis whatsoever. I don't like using cream-based products though, because my skin is acne-prone.

Faceless - Aminoplex is a spray that I learned about from this board. Some members use it for faster healing with TCA CROSS. I just took the same principle and applied it to healing with subcision. So far so good!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Lisa,

in using the amino plex, did it make your subcisied scars more red? Did it aggravate your skin?

Reason is I want to find something that helps regenerating my skin during my TCA CROSS (50%) BUT I probably only have about five days for my scabs to fall off.

I have my weekly meeting that I have to go to every wednesday, so I figured if I did it on Wednesday after going home from the meeting, then by the next Tuesday I'm almost back to normal. I can tolerate the redness/pinkish skin a bit, but I just don't want to go out in the public with scabs all over my face like I did with my TCA 25% before.

Not sure about copper peptide as I used the Trireduction on my scars also.

Lisa,

in using the amino plex, did it make your subcisied scars more red? Did it aggravate your skin?

Reason is I want to find something that helps regenerating my skin during my TCA CROSS (50%) BUT I probably only have about five days for my scabs to fall off.

I have my weekly meeting that I have to go to every wednesday, so I figured if I did it on Wednesday after going home from the meeting, then by the next Tuesday I'm almost back to normal. I can tolerate the redness/pinkish skin a bit, but I just don't want to go out in the public with scabs all over my face like I did with my TCA 25% before.

Not sure about copper peptide as I used the Trireduction on my scars also.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I did the 25% CROSS probably about 2-3 times earlier this year. I did too many spots so it's hard to keep track of the improvements eusa_doh.gif I probably had about 30-40 different spots all over my face (you can see my gallery to check out scars I'm trying to fix).

I'd say 25% did something... eusa_think.gif The LEAST it does is removing the outer layer of your skin so it's like a really strong exfoliator, so it's not a total waste in my opinion, but for deeper scars like mine, I may have to go deeper (50%) OR be patient and keep doing the 25% every month. I just don't want to go through 1-2 weeks of having 20-30 scabs all over my face.

Obi, I can see how that would be a pain. What we do in our quests for scar-free skin. I remember when I had my excisions done, I had to walk around town with black stitches on my face. Man, that was unpleasant.

Hmm, maybe I'll give the 50% CROSS one more go before writing it off. I just remembered there being alot more redness than I wanted to deal with. But I'll try it again!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

well Lisa- I'm not as brave as you or lots of people on this board. The MOST semi-big thing I've done for my face is smoothbeam. I'm just really nervous about invasive procedures like subcision etc...so I only have limited options. TCA CROSS is one (PROBABLY I'll do one session of frexel laser but i'll wait till smilingeyes get her result biggrin.gif )

True...50% TCA will give you more redness, but at least you can do it once and have same effect as 3-4 25% CROSS I hope. I think I can deal with that.

Thanks Lisa for answering my Qs.

I have a feeling my doc is afraid to do subcision on the same scars because she was telling me about one of her patients that begged her to do a second subcision on the same area and now he has a big dent that has to get filled with restylane. Maybe she was too aggressive and destroyed the new collagen. I am hesitant because of this--and also because since my first subcision and smoothbeam my scars have improved and I don't want to destroy any tissue.

Have you done subcision on your chin area? That's where my worst scars are and it seems the most difficult area to treat.

hols

Obi, I wish I could say that I'm brave, but it was more like a lack of other options in my case. My plastic surgeon is very conservative (which I thank him for now), and thinks that alot of the procedures - such as lasers or dermabrasion - are not suitable for my Asian skin type because of the chances of hypopigmentation. But for like 7 years, before I did the subcisions, I hated his guts, because I hated how my excision scars looked! I wish I had your cautiousness before embarking on excision. We should swap notes though, on how our 50% TCA CROSSes go.

Hols, I got a chin scar worked on for the first time during my latest subcision. (Well, it's more on the side of my chin). It's another chicken pox scar. So far so good. And I definitely would not hesitate getting it worked on again. It's weird your doc's other patient got more indentation from subcision. I think I asked my derm that exact thing before my first subcision, and she said that was impossible. eusa_eh.gif In fact, that's when she talked about the hard kernels I mentioned before. So puzzling.... How long did he wait between procedures? My derm says at least 3 weeks apart.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Obi, I wish I could say that I'm brave, but it was more like a lack of other options in my case.  My plastic surgeon is very conservative (which I thank him for now), and thinks that alot of the procedures - such as lasers or dermabrasion - are not suitable for my Asian skin type because of the chances of hypopigmentation.  But for like 7 years, before I did the subcisions, I hated his guts, because I hated how my excision scars looked!  I wish I had your cautiousness before embarking on excision.  We should swap notes though, on how our 50% TCA CROSSes go. 

Hols, I got a chin scar worked on for the first time during my latest subcision.  (Well, it's more on the side of my chin).  It's another chicken pox scar.  So far so good.  And I definitely would not hesitate getting it worked on again.  It's weird your doc's other patient got more indentation from subcision.  I think I asked my derm that exact thing before my first subcision, and she said that was impossible.    eusa_eh.gif In fact, that's when she talked about the hard kernels I mentioned before.  So puzzling.... How long did he wait between procedures?  My derm says at least 3 weeks apart.

I too find it strange that an indentation formed from subscision, when our docs do subscions they are very conservative because they don't want the too much scar tissue to form causing a raised area ( lump ) If necessary they do a second subscision if needed, but I've never seen an indented scar form from this procedure. It is true that the chin is a difficult area to treat, there is more movent in this area due to chewing, talking, smiling etc and also even revising scars from accidents is difficult since there is no area to hide the revised scar...usually no creases or folds in the skin.

Obi, we can see how long it takes for our respective scabs to fall. biggrin.gif Well, if you ever change your mind about subcision, you know what I think of it. eusa_dance.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
Obi, we can see how long it takes for our respective scabs to fall.  biggrin.gif  Well, if you ever change your mind about subcision, you know what I think of it.  eusa_dance.gif