Notifications
Clear all

Why Is My Skin Like This?

MemberMember
(@winterblues)

Posted : 03/30/2015 10:26 am

So as you can see, I don't have severe acne. But this does get me down and I always see people starring. I had bad acne on my chin and forehead in my teens but never on my cheeks so I'm not sure why my cheeks are so affected. My skin was almost perfect between about 14-17 then the winter of when I was 17 my skin suddenly became like this and I'm really not sure why. (I'm 23 in 2 weeks). It's only ever like this in winter or colder months- it's not perfect in the summer but a LOT better but I can never really enjoy it because I know that as soon as it gets colder, my skin will start to look like this again.

It's just like huge pores but they're fill with dry skin (I think) rather than puss. When I squeeze them nothing comes out it's just bits of makeup always sit in them like you can see here. I use my clarisonic mia2 1-2 times a day and exfoliate a few times a week. I also have a few really rich over night moisturisers which help a bit but it seems like nothing I do gets rid of the flakes inside the pores. Does anyone else have skin like this? I feel like I never see anyone who has skin similar to mine!! as I said I know it's not awful but it does bring me down and I am a different person in daylight compared to when I'm inside in dim lighting!!

Thank you in advance for any input :)

post-427016-0-97908100-1427728942.png

post-427016-0-13882000-1427728948.png

post-427016-0-14629200-1427728951.png

post-427016-0-76030500-1427728954.png

MemberMember
(@scottygirl)

Posted : 03/30/2015 1:02 pm

It looks to me like something make-up wise you're using on your skin - it's clogged the pores. What do you use - all your skin products from cleansers to make-up. I used a Clinique powder for years and didn't realise it was that that was causing my skin to break out. You look too young to be using rich moisturisers.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/30/2015 2:27 pm

So make up is always clogged in your pores? Is this post cleansing/exfoliating or after applying the make up?

You might have naturally larger pores, some people do, and your make up is settling into them. Primers are suppose to help with that. Your skin would probably look better without make up. Some concealers/foundations just suck like that and settle into every pore and fine line, which you don't have. That happens more for me in the winter too, because of dry skin and less than spectacular foundation. If your skin always has that make up clogged in them though, even after cleansing and exfoliating, then that's kind of a different story. I'd look into decent products that reduce pore size, maybe some masks or facials, and play around with make up products until you find one that works best. You're right though, your skin is nice. and your eyes are so pretty! They're like the perfect green/blue color.