Accutane

MemberMember
(@yuki4)

Posted : 03/29/2015 9:03 pm

Ok, so I just recently started my second month of accutane/absorica, anf I've noticed it's made my skin significantly worse!! T^T I take bc pills, but they only do so much for my case because I have persistent cystic/nodular acne. I was so excited when I finally started Absorica, but now my skin is worse than my worst breakout ever. Is it normal? And of course, another unfortunate event, my mother accidentally threw my Rx away (It was still in a plastic bag that she assumed was trash....) >.< If I need another Rx, will I have to wait until they renew me one for my next month of treatment? Or can they refill mine now? They are closed on Sun., or I would've called.... I'm just not sure how much scarring my poor skin can take, and although it seems to have worsened I feel like it might just be the dreaded initial breakout. Either way, it's my only hope, bc I've literally tried everything!! Antibiotics, atralin, illumask, tea tree oil, banana peels, the list goes on. I appreciate any input/advice.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/30/2015 9:04 am

Thanks for sharing your experience.
It sounds like you have a severe issue with acne and unfortunately have had to move onto Accutane due to the severity and lack of improvement with other treatments. It is likely that the initial breakout is realted to the accutane and it will settle over the coming weeks.

Have you noticed the skin drying up, lips etc? i.e. beneficial effects?

MemberMember
(@yuki4)

Posted : 05/01/2015 12:14 am

Yes, I have finally had some improvement. I was put on antibiotics until my Absorica Rx could be refilled. My face has since calmed down from my initial breakout, and hopefully I won't have another one. But my derm has raised my dosage every month which makes me fear another terrible reaction. My 1st month I started taking 40mg (I'm a 21yo female, 5'6, 55kg), then 60mg, now I am currently taking 80mg and antibiotics. Finally seeing some improvement, but even when I get mild breakouts it sucks bc I heal a lot slower now. Just hope I can be clear again afterwards.

MemberMember
(@ac98)

Posted : 05/01/2015 11:37 am

I've been on accutane 4 months and my skin only really started clearing up in the 3rd month