Notifications
Clear all

Need Something New...

MemberMember
(@joshmcmillan)

Posted : 03/28/2015 4:03 pm

I've been struggling with acne for a few years now, and I've never really cleared it up 100%, it's been really bad at sometimes, and then sometimes it hasn't been so bad. I've been using Benzoyl Peroxide I got from my doctor for the past probably year and a half or so. I have seen some success with it, but I feel as if it's not working as well as it used too.

I normally wash my face 2-4 times a day, with acne wash or just regular soap, I also apply the Benzoyl Peroxide once to twice a day, it depends, but at least once a day. My acne is mainly around my mouth, it's not like normally big pimples though it's mainly just red spots and some with white heads.

Today was the first day I tried epiduo instead of benzoyl peroxide (Epdiuo contains benzoyl peroxide). The acne I have isn't necessarily severe, but it's enough to be noticeable and I want it gone. What could I do to achieve maximum results? I have benzoyl peroxide, epiduo, and tretinoin cream. I shower 1-2 times a day.

Would it be smart to apply epiduo in the morning after my shower, and then at night wash my face and apply the tretinoin cream?

Someone please help me out, thanks

MemberMember
(@lthomas1990)

Posted : 03/28/2015 7:46 pm

First off I'd say your washing your face way too many times a day; no more than twice is more than sufficient otherwise you're just during your skin out and stripping your face of its natural oils and acid mantle.

Secondly, Epiduo is a retinoid and should only be applied at night as they can decompose and become obsolete when exposed to the sun. Maybe ask your doctor for another topical anitibiotic to use in the day time? I had a lot of success in the past with clindamycin maybe you could ask to be put on that and see how that goes for a little while?

Wishing you the best of luck.

MemberMember
(@joshmcmillan)

Posted : 03/29/2015 11:47 am

yesterday was the first day of epiduo in morning and tretinoin at night, after I put the tretinoin cream on my face felt slightly odd after, it was like warm and almost as if something was compressing my face. I woke up this morning and some of my pimples look more red than they did yesterday.

Does anyone think this epiduo / tretinoin cream combo will work for me? 18 y/o moderate acne around mouth, some on chin/cheeks, but mainly under nose and around mouth area.

MemberMember
(@joshmcmillan)

Posted : 03/29/2015 12:02 pm

First off I'd say your washing your face way too many times a day; no more than twice is more than sufficient otherwise you're just during your skin out and stripping your face of its natural oils and acid mantle.

Secondly, Epiduo is a retinoid and should only be applied at night as they can decompose and become obsolete when exposed to the sun. Maybe ask your doctor for another topical anitibiotic to use in the day time? I had a lot of success in the past with clindamycin maybe you could ask to be put on that and see how that goes for a little while?

Wishing you the best of luck.

I se what you're saying. I'm really not in the sun much, just when I drive around in the car and when I'm on my was to my classes. I have clindamycin in my Benzoyl peroxide I believe, 1% clindamycin to 5% BP. That's what I've used for about a year and a half, now I'm just trying epiduo with tretinoin.