Flakes And Makeup A...

Notifications
Clear all

Flakes And Makeup Angst

MemberMember
(@madzcrain)

Posted : 03/27/2015 6:54 pm

Help!!

I'm around a month and a half, two months into the Regimen. Two weeks in I was completely clear, but still flaky--I only had mild acne. Then prom was coming up, so on my one month mark I started gently exfoliating, thinking that I it was slow and gradual my flakes would be gone. It worked for my flakes, but then I broke out horrendously--five deep pimples the next week. I stopped exfoliating and started being super gentle--like magic, the pimples have gotten smaller and less irritated.

But now my flakes are worse than before...I have AHA, but it stings. What do I do?? I have another dance in two weeks, and my skin looks awful.

Advice?!

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/28/2015 10:24 am

I find jojoba oil as a moisturizer works best for severely flakey skin.

Jeybird liked
MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 03/28/2015 1:28 pm

I second Jojoba oil, that's what I used for my flaky skin when I was trying the Regimen.

MemberMember
(@madzcrain)

Posted : 03/28/2015 5:14 pm

Just straight jojoba oil? I use a few drops in my moisturizer already, plus some AHA occasionally!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/28/2015 10:17 pm

Moisturizer + AHA + Jojoba oil is like my dream team mixture. It really helps with the dryness, flakes and redness. :)

Jeybird liked
MemberMember
(@madzcrain)

Posted : 04/01/2015 7:55 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll try to add AHA in more regularly, since I'm already doing jojoba oil! Everywhere I'm reading people are saying that the flakes are a stage you have to push past. I hope they're right!