Notifications
Clear all

No More Picking!

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/26/2015 10:36 pm

I have a picking problem. I have ever since I started getting acne. It has always been a problem for me because I know how much better my skin would be if I didn't do it. I have tried to stop before and each time I realized that my acne had improved a lot. I usually only pick at night while getting ready for bed. Looking in the mirror or touching my face are my two big triggers. I have noticed recently that stress may be involved as well.

I want to stop because after I do it I feel disgusted with my self. Sometimes I look in the mirror and all I see is my acne and I hate it. I know I would have so much more confidence if my skin was clear. My biggest motivator is that prom is in little less than a month and I really want my skin cleared up. So I challenged myself to not pick at my face, starting tomorrow, until prom. I will keep this log up to date with my experience. The reason I wanted to do a log is because if I declare it to others it will make me stick to it more. So I will update tomorrow night. I CAN DO THIS :)

Rudy23 liked
MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 03/27/2015 7:42 am

That's also a huge problem for me and just yesterday I've decided (For the 418th time, yes I tried this before >.>) not to touch my face, LITERALLY. :P It's been almost 24 hours since my last sin hehe. I'm with you!

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/27/2015 2:46 pm

That's also a huge problem for me and just yesterday I've decided (For the 418th time, yes I tried this before >.>) not to touch my face, LITERALLY. :P It's been almost 24 hours since my last sin hehe. I'm with you!

So far so good for me too. I've made through my morning routine and a day of school without causing my face more damage. Congrats on making it a full day! Let me know how it goes for you :)

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/27/2015 10:46 pm

Day 1

Success! I had the urge but my boyfriend was over and I didn't want to embarrass myself with big red welts all over my face. I have a pesky zit on my forehead I want to pop so bad but I won't let myself do it. I CAN DO THIS!! :)

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/28/2015 2:58 pm

Day 2:

It's not the end of the day yet but I just wanted to write in this quick. I just experienced a huge urge to pick. I think it was because I have no makeup on and just got home from a particularly annoying day at work. I took a long hard look in the mirror (which is like the worst thing to do) and strongly considered picking at that zit on my forehead but.... I DIDNT! :) that's actually pretty good for me and I'm proud of myself. I am one step closer to my goal.

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 03/28/2015 3:46 pm

Bravo! It's been more than 48 hours for me since I last picked. It feels good. :)

Dren0707 liked
MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/29/2015 2:56 pm

Day 3:

A little dissapointed. At work today I found myself itching my nose a lot and it turns out I have a new small pimple on it. It got irritated due to my scratching which I did with out thinking about :( that technically means I picked but it's just a minor setback. I'm not going to let myself quit!

Today is also the day I start my new natural acne care routine. I talk about that in my other personal log. Hoping for some improvements! :)

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 03/30/2015 3:39 am

Don't touch your face, especially not at work when your hands can't be clean. Note that if you're working on a computer, the keyboard has more bacteria than a toilet seat!

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/30/2015 1:43 pm

Day 4:

Ugh :( I caved today. I picked at my face and I regret it :( I'm not going to let this set back make me quit. I am restarting with more motivation than ever!

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 04/01/2015 7:30 am

It is day 6 for me and I don't remember going this far. I've had a few whiteheads which disappeared in less than a day. I'm satisfied, my skin looks good so far.

Here's an appropriate meme for this thread:

Scumbag-Pimples.jpg

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 04/09/2015 9:55 pm

That is so me it's almost scary! I fell off the wagon hard and recently got very busy. I got super stressed with college, scholarships, and work but now I'm back. Prom is on the 25th... This is crunch time for me. NO MORE PICKING!!! I know if I try really really hard I can do it. The hardest part is staying motivated on a bad day. I don't want to be the person in that meme anymore. Time for Change! I'm determined!

It is day 6 for me and I don't remember going this far. I've had a few whiteheads which disappeared in less than a day. I'm satisfied, my skin looks good so far.

Here's an appropriate meme for this thread:

Scumbag-Pimples.jpg

Congrats on your accomplishment! You're doing much better than me which is good for you but bad for me haha. If you can make it that long I can too thanks for being supportive and a great inspiration :)

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 04/10/2015 3:23 am

Day 15 for me. My skin looks great. :)

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 04/12/2015 7:18 pm

Congrats!

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 04/14/2015 4:37 am

Congrats!

Thanks! It's day 19 for me. I never went so far. I've had a few whiteheads which went away in a less than 24 hours. :)

MemberMember
(@soulcandy)

Posted : 04/14/2015 10:10 pm

I'm totally joining in on this. I've had excoriation disorder / dermatillomania for almost a year now and it affects me on the daily; needless to say, skin picking is a huge, huge issue for me.

So far, days free of picking: 0! I had a one or two week streak of no picking recently, but I was still breaking out so that was enough incentive for me to start again I guess.

Good luck to everyone on this thread, I hope you're doing well

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 04/16/2015 12:09 pm

Prom is a week from Saturday and people have been commenting on how clear my skin looks. I still need to work on it though! I struggle with blackheads :( any tips????

I'm totally joining in on this. I've had excoriation disorder / dermatillomania for almost a year now and it affects me on the daily; needless to say, skin picking is a huge, huge issue for me.

So far, days free of picking: 0! I had a one or two week streak of no picking recently, but I was still breaking out so that was enough incentive for me to start again I guess.

Good luck to everyone on this thread, I hope you're doing well

This was a huge struggle for me and I wish you luck. I still fall back every once in a while but I try my best to keep myself on track. I can do better, I know I can, and I'm going to really buckle down for this last week. Good luck!!!! :)