Notifications
Clear all

Acne Vulgaris Natural Remedy

MemberMember
(@violetnpink)

Posted : 03/26/2015 9:59 pm

Hi. I am 16 year old girl from Fontana, California. Summer last year, I started to get pimples everywhere on my face. They were everywhere. I asked my mom if she could take me to a dermatologist and she said yes. We went to one in a nearby clinic. The dermatologist said it was acne vulgaris. A condition that usually occurs in teenagers. The doctor said that it was totally normal and gave us a prescription of what treatment we should buy. 3 months later, there were no changes. I did exactly everything that the doctor instructed me to do but nothing happened. I told my mom that there were no changes even though I used the treatment as I was supposed to. She decided to take me to another dermatologist. The next one told us the same thing that the first one did. She told me that I had acne vulgaris. We told her about the treatment that the first doctor prescribed and told her that there were no changes. So she gave us a different prescription and instructed me what to do and what not to do. Another 3 months, and still, nothing happened. I finally gave up and told my mom that I dont want to go to any dermatologist anymore. I told her that were just wasting money and time for people who cant even help us. I went on for months with just hoping that it would go away somehow. Until just recently when my family and I went to a house party of one of my moms friends. My mom talked to her about my condition and she told us that we should go natural. She told me about people she knew that had the same problems and got great results after trying natural recipes. She told us that not only were they effective, but also very affordable. The problem is, she didnt know any of the recipes, but told me that I could just ask from forums on the internet; which is why I am here. Does anyone know any natural remedy for acne vulgaris? Please help.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/28/2015 7:15 pm

Hey VioletsnPink,

I've heard of people having success treating their acne with Manuka honey. Try googling Manuka honey, see if you think this might be worth trying. I'm not sure of the cost and I've never tried this myself. Personally, I think topicals such as benzoyl peroxide are more effective and reliable for treating acne. There's a lot of info available in the Diet and Holistic forum for those who are going the all-natural route. Many have also seen improvement after eliminating dairy from their diet.

Good luck with whatever you decide! Hope you find your clear-skin solution! :)

-DeLovely

MemberMember
(@cross17)

Posted : 04/03/2015 11:13 am

Get clear !!

I've struggled with persistent cystic acne for 13 years. I am finally crystal clear (I get a small breakout if I stray away from my regimen or eat the wrong things but whatever sometimes you need junk food!) now I'm no expert, but I do know what it's like to cry when you see your face without makeup If this is you, read on!

Now, after visiting the dermatologist many many times, I've had some short-lived success. The only thing that has given me consistent success is changing what I put into my body. Ever feel like you are taking amazing care of your skin and still breaking out? That's because our skin is a direct reflection of our health-acne is a symptom of a bigger problem: lack of nutrition!

Many people have food intolerances and don't know it. So we eat the same things day in and day out and our body tries to eliminate them (via our skin for some people like me and you). Some common triggers: dairy, gluten, processed sugar (me), corn (me). By eliminating corn and corn products-read labels!! And lowering sugar intake while adding whole food nutrition via my diet and juice plus capsules (life saver! Also helped with weight loss for me)...I am totally clear and confident. Check my profile for before/after pictures.

Regimen:

Eliminate corn products in diet

Reduce sugar in diet

Take juice plus capsules

Eat mostly non processed foods

Topical:

Am: wash with cera ve sensitive skin wash

Moisturize with Jergens for face spf 15

Almay clear complexion makeup

Mac bronzing powder

Pm: wash with cera be sensitive skin wash

Moisturize with neutrogena oil free

Treat with acne.org treatment (3 times a week)

I've done the regimen without the diet change. Helped but did not keep the giant, under the skin cysts from forming! Hit me up for any questions you have