Notifications
Clear all

Cheek Red Marks For Years

MemberMember
(@twofurgles)

Posted : 03/26/2015 8:51 pm

Hi guys,

I have found out that cutting out carbs pretty much prevents any new acne from forming. I also go low on sugar. However my old marks and such have been around for YEARS. I mean they just do not fade, and i have tried everything from prescriptions, to home remedies, to fasting, to peels, all sorts of creams, and oils. I have been depressed for so long. I am mainly concerned with the redness, which does not subside even after deep peels (such as skin culture 4000, tca 25%, glycolic 50%, etc.) and with time (2+ years). I exercise, eat relatively healthy (no sodas, no bread, no rice, but meat, beans, nuts, dark chocolate), wash my face once in the morning with just cold water, once at night with acne-wash soap, and yet have found no solution. I do always avoid the sun, bc I heard it only makes marks stay longer.

I am considering trying a total makeover to my life starting tomorrow: that is, no more snacking on pretzels, wheat thins, nuts, cereal; only eating veggies (spinach salad with cucumbers, bell peppers, olives). I want to do this for the month of april--the entire month. I am out of options, and don't know where else to turn but to try this. Any thoughts, suggestions on if this has worked for people in the past, not with acne, but with RED MARKS and SCARRING and even CYSTS?

Any would eggs (no cheese) exacerbate the process?

I am trying to up my water intake; anything else recommended? I am at the end of my rope, and need to start seeing improvement.

Anything is helpful really, and I appreciate the input

MemberMember
(@harry94)

Posted : 07/03/2016 2:13 pm

How did it go?
I too have red cheeks and really want to get rid of them!

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 07/03/2016 8:07 pm

Cheek red marks are the longest to fade. I have the same problem. You know what I stumbled upon. I was eating extremely clean for 2+ years and got my acne to a manageable level. But I was stuck with red marks the whole time and slight scarring (like box scar). Then came my friends birthday and he decided to have korean bbq for his birthday which is a trigger food for me. 2 weeks later my scars disappeared and my red marks started to fade. my face also started to get a little oiler (I have pretty matte skin). I've been breaking out since (it was last April)

Because I was eating so clean I pretty much avoided all oily foods. But from that experience I believe your skin needs some form of oil to repair your skin. My catch 22 is oily foods breaks me out so to eat or not to eat is the question.

MemberMember
(@sfnathan80)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:21 am

13 hours ago, invisiblenetrix said:

Cheek red marks are the longest to fade. I have the same problem. You know what I stumbled upon. I was eating extremely clean for 2+ years and got my acne to a manageable level. But I was stuck with red marks the whole time and slight scarring (like box scar). Then came my friends birthday and he decided to have korean bbq for his birthday which is a trigger food for me. 2 weeks later my scars disappeared and my red marks started to fade. my face also started to get a little oiler (I have pretty matte skin). I've been breaking out since (it was last April)

Because I was eating so clean I pretty much avoided all oily foods. But from that experience I believe your skin needs some form of oil to repair your skin. My catch 22 is oily foods breaks me out so to eat or not to eat is the question.

Eating oily foods heal your skin now? Can this forum get any more shit?