Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasroach

The BEST night time moisturizer

I currently do Dan's regimen morning and night... in the day I use Cetaphil SPF15,, but I don't want to use it at night.... I'm currently using Eucerin 5% Face Cream, but I think i'm getting a reaction from it or something because my face always looks really red when I put it on... Can anyone recommend a great moisturizer that is gentle enough to put on top of BP Gel?

Jay wink.gif

I currently do Dan's regimen morning and night...  in the day I use Cetaphil SPF15,, but I don't want to use it at night....  I'm currently using Eucerin 5% Face Cream, but I think i'm getting a reaction from it or something because my face always looks really red when I put it on...  Can anyone recommend a great moisturizer that is gentle enough to put on top of BP Gel?

Jay wink.gif

I just bought neutrogen oil free combination skin lotion about a week ago because i did a peel and needed a lotion with no ba or sa or any acids, I really like it, works well and doesnt break me out. it was like $10

Jason's Vitamin K Moisturizer from the pump is the best moisturizer I have ever used. And it also does away with red marks and scars very well-I had all these blotches on my neck from catching a flesh eating variety of staphylococcus over the summer, and applying it on the areas has really helped. I know this because at first I was just getting the top of my neck with the excess from getting my face, but the scars up top were healing MUCH faster than those on bottom that were not getting any Vit-K creme. It is a bit expensive, but in my opinion well worth it... the best product since 2.5% BP.

Jason's Vitamin K Moisturizer from the pump is the best moisturizer I have ever used. And it also does away with red marks and scars very well-I had all these blotches on my neck from catching a flesh eating variety of staphylococcus over the summer, and applying it on the areas has really helped. I know this because at first I was just getting the top of my neck with the excess from getting my face, but the scars up top were healing MUCH faster than those on bottom that were not getting any Vit-K creme. It is a bit expensive, but in my opinion well worth it... the best product since 2.5% BP.

Thanks DADMONSON... judging from the first ingredient I think I'll skip it.. Withc Hazel is very drying to the face... for mine anyhow... if it wasn't for thatt though, it sounds like a promising moisturizer

Those aren't the ingredients for the product I use. It is called Jason Natural Cosmetics Vitamin K Creme Plus for Skin, Measured Dosage.

Here are the ingredients:

Purified Soft Water, Sunflower Oil, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), Squalane (vege), Horse Chestnut Extract (aescin), Glycerin (vege), Calendula Extract, Chamomile Extract, Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C), Glyceryl Stearate, Butcher's Broom Extract, Milk Thistle Extract (silymarin), Primrose Oil, USP Phytonadione (vitamin K), Dimethicone, Hawthorn Extract, Stearic Acid, Rice Bran Extract, Rose Mesqueta Oil, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Cetearyl Alcohol, Bioflavonoids, Yarrow Extract, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Grapeseed Extract, Bromelain Extract (enzyme), Rosehips, Cetyl Esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C), Ginkgo Biloba Liposomes, Bilberry Extract, Allantoin, Grapefruit Seed Extract

You can find it at your local Bread & Circus or online at:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

thanks Entic...

that sounds more like a moisturizer smile.gif

Do have any reaction or anything? There's a lot of ingredients in it which kind of scares me smile.gif

Jay

I've had the least breakouts using this moisturizer. Its REALLY thick, but it absorbs in no time and has no greasy residue or anything. You don't need to use much, either.

hi, I've used St. Ives oil-free hypoallergenic moisturizer (no spf) and it was pretty good. It's fragrance-free, but it still has a smell, probably the cauliflower in it or something else. I like the smell, it's a light hint but I'm not sure everyone will! It made my skin really soft, unfortunately I couldn't tell you how well it works with the Regimen because I switched off of it to use Eucerin (day and night) in order to use the exact products Dan recommended. So basically I'd have to wait till I'm 100% clear, then start using it again at night to see if it breaks me out (I doubt it will, but not willing to bet my skin on it yet!)

Anyway, it's getting great reviews on drugstore.com. Check it out.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...x=29067&tab=1#1

Only con I can think of is I don't see it in stores that much, but you may be lucky!

Desert Essence Daily Essential Facial Moisturizer

Purified Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Safflower Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Allantoin (comfrey), Aloe Vera, Sesame Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (vegetable source), Methylparaben, Essential Oil of Geranium. Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera.

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cf...u/54283/S/98697

One of the top ten "safest" moisturizers, according to Environmental Working Group:

http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/listpr...rizer/Treatment

At night i just use a Pure Aloe Vera Gel, stops my skin being dry but absorbs instantly and i don't like the idea of a cream/lotion moisturiser at night when it isn't really needed. I find anything with any oils ie, jojoba etc will clog pores. And avoid anything with Parrafinium liquidium (mineral oil) often hidden in seemingly good & expensive moisturisers.

Can't really go wrong with aloe vera gel at night, I use it during the day also but with Lancome aquafusion. Soon to switch to a spf moisturiser though.

I just started the regiman on sunday night... got my bp gel, basis cleanser bar and neutrogena oil free moisture spf 15, which i am applying morning and night. i know eucerin spf 15 is the best, but dan said to use this for a few weeks until my skin gets used to bp.

my question is, after reading this topic. am i doing something wrong? should i get another moisturizer for night with no spf? because on the regimen instructions it doesnt say anything like that.

thanks for the help guys!

Pure consmetic grade emu oil, hands down.

Its the only thing, apart from pure aloe that HAS NOT blocked my pores. It feels so nice, its soothing and has anti-inflammatory properties and it helps your skin heal. My skin hates all the extra stuff in creams and lotions. The purer, the better.

As a light day moisturizer, you can use pure aloe gel.