Notifications
Clear all

Hairy/bald People Are Less Prone To Acne?

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/26/2015 3:53 pm

It's just a made up theory of mine, that comes from simply observing at people. It seems to me that men who are hairy or men who are prone to baldness are much less likely to suffer from acne. Furthermore, I also think people who are very short, or very tall, also suffer alot less from acne. What do you guys think, based on your experience?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/26/2015 5:43 pm

Well I'm 5'1 and acne prone, so I can refute the height theory.

I have pcos. Women with PCOS have excess body hair, some have a lot of excess body hair. Acne is one of the top symptoms of pcos. So that's a lot of "hairy" women with acne right there. My acne prone brother also started balding pretty badly in his 20s. We have bad genes lol. I've known a lot of men who had less than amazing hair lines with acne. Acne sufferers come in all shapes, sizes, and hairiness from my experience.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/27/2015 3:01 am

I have pcos. Women with PCOS have excess body hair, some have a lot of excess body hair. Acne is one of the top symptoms of pcos. So that's a lot of "hairy" women with acne right there. My acne prone brother also started balding pretty badly in his 20s. We have bad genes lol. I've known a lot of men who had less than amazing hair lines with acne. Acne sufferers come in all shapes, sizes, and hairiness from my experience.

1. regarding that, i was refferring to men, i thought it was obvious because of the baldness and hairiness ( theres basicly zero or almost zero women who natrually goes bald young, and women are alot less hairy compared to men & and they pull thier hair off so its impossible to know as well ).

2. im talking about a case where some1 suffers acne "natrually", and not as a result of special case of some other disease, or an extreme circumstance. example: some1 is megadosing on steroids for example, thats not a case im talking about.

3. i used the terms "less likely" and "less prone", it does not mean that every single one is...

4. ur brother could be a special case.

5. u're not very short for a woman. i would say "very short" = atleast 6 inches below the average height. same goes for "very tall" but in the opposite direction (btw im not an american, and i hate ur weird units, lol)

MemberMember
(@rightsmith)

Posted : 03/27/2015 3:12 am

The Acne problems start in when person going young, It does not concern to the hair person. The Acne problems is due to excess hormone in the body and it getting Warm in the body that why acne comes out.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/27/2015 1:57 pm

1. regarding that, i was refferring to men, i thought it was obvious because of the baldness and hairiness ( theres basicly zero or almost zero women who natrually goes bald young, and women are alot less hairy compared to men & and they pull thier hair off so its impossible to know as well ).

2. im talking about a case where some1 suffers acne "natrually", and not as a result of special case of some other disease, or an extreme circumstance. example: some1 is megadosing on steroids for example, thats not a case im talking about.

3. i used the terms "less likely" and "less prone", it does not mean that every single one is...

5. u're not very short for a woman. i would say "very short" = atleast 6 inches below the average height. same goes for "very tall" but in the opposite direction (btw im not an american, and i hate ur weird units, lol)

Connecting hairiness, hairloss, and acne is a good observation. I support you on that. Hair is a component of the skin, acne is a skin condition related to hair follicles, so to make connections is appropriate. Hairiness/hair loss can be connected to genetics and stress, as well as hormones. Genetics, stress, and hormones are related to acne. Just that, if we were to start connecting dots it would make more sense on paper that someone, male or female, who suffers from hair loss or excessive hairiness would actually be more likely to have acne. Just stepping away from technical analysis and going to more real life examples, think of the stereotypical "nerdy" guy. Acne, mild hair loss, overweight. In my life, I've met a lot of men with balding issues with acne issues as well. Much more than men with a nice head of hair. Acne is complex though, with so many causes that I still say that average people, with average amounts of hair and of average height, have acne just as much because there's just so many causes.

A lot of people suffer from acne because of medical conditions though, just had to defend myself there. It's not rare, and PCOS is a common condition in western society. Acne is a symptom of many disorders that affect more than just skin. PCOS, thyroid conditions, digestive tract disorders. Your skin is an organ, and when you have acne it can be a sign of something not functioning to its full capacity in your body's entire system. When people switch up their diet, very common acne remedy, it works because your body as a whole begins to function better. It doesn't lump them into a category of people with a disease, no, but a food intolerance upsets the digestive system which is not natural and goes beyond just basic skin functioning.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 03/27/2015 5:39 pm

Connecting hairiness, hairloss, and acne is a good observation. I support you on that. Hair is a component of the skin, acne is a skin condition related to hair follicles, so to make connections is appropriate. Hairiness/hair loss can be connected to genetics and stress, as well as hormones. Genetics, stress, and hormones are related to acne. Just that, if we were to start connecting dots it would make more sense on paper that someone, male or female, who suffers from hair loss or excessive hairiness would actually be more likely to have acne. Just stepping away from technical analysis and going to more real life examples, think of the stereotypical "nerdy" guy. Acne, mild hair loss, overweight. In my life, I've met a lot of men with balding issues with acne issues as well. Much more than men with a nice head of hair. Acne is complex though, with so many causes that I still say that average people, with average amounts of hair and of average height, have acne just as much because there's just so many causes.

A lot of people suffer from acne because of medical conditions though, just had to defend myself there. It's not rare, and PCOS is a common condition in western society. Acne is a symptom of many disorders that affect more than just skin. PCOS, thyroid conditions, digestive tract disorders. Your skin is an organ, and when you have acne it can be a sign of something not functioning to its full capacity in your body's entire system. When people switch up their diet, very common acne remedy, it works because your body as a whole begins to function better. It doesn't lump them into a category of people with a disease, no, but a food intolerance upsets the digestive system which is not natural and goes beyond just basic skin functioning.

this is just a simple connection. of course it does not really fully explain acne, but i still think this connection is correct, and maybe if some1 would do a proper sampling study of people then we will know the answer for this, but its far from fully understanding acne.

its just that i see alot of people every day when i take the train, going to the university, i see alot of fairly young people. and from those tons of people that i've seen over the years, almost every young man who suffer from early baldness/very hairy/very tall/very short have perfect skin, in a very significant higher percentage than a young man who doesnt suffer from early baldness/is very hairy/is very tall/is very short

it of course does not mean the opposite - that a young man with perfect skin most likely suffers from early baldness or is very hairy or very tall or very short.

and just to make things clear, the reason i talk about men and not women here is because women pluck thier hair, almost never have any significant hairloss at a young age, and also wear make up. so its impossible to really know.