Notifications
Clear all

Pimple And Acne Disaster

MemberMember
(@daisynroses)

Posted : 03/25/2015 9:38 pm

Hi. I am a 14 year old girl and I am having pimple problems. I get bullied a lot at school because of this. My mom said that its normal for teenagers like me to get pimples, but in my case, I dont think it is anymore. Pimples are everywhere in my face. I even get them on my back sometimes. My friends are using a product that helps with pimples and told me to go ahead and try it. But when I asked my parents about it, they didnt allow me and told me that the product may make the situation worse. They told me to go natural, but I dont have a clue on what to do and how to do it. Please help me.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/26/2015 2:40 am

Thanks for sharing your story, hope you are able to find some useful help.

You describe acne on your face and at times back, quite extensive. Maybe some more information might help people (and me) give you some useful advice. Sorry some of the questions seem a bit personal, but I think they are relevant!

1) did acne issues start around the time of puberty (I am assuming this is the case)

2) does the acne fluctuate with menstrual cycle

3) what is your cleaning regime

4) what is your diet (don't say 'i have a good diet' - everyone thinks they have a good diet. Just tell us what you eat.

5) did your siblings or parents have bad acne

6) are you getting bit cysts? Can you describe the acne (black dots, white dots, red dots

7) do you have good health otherwise

8) what was the product your friends were using that your parents weren't keen on you using?

Look forward to hearing some more details.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@pinkberry)

Posted : 03/26/2015 3:06 pm

I would try telling your parents that your acne affects your self-esteem and you really want to try and make it better. If your friends are using a product that works tell your parents you would like to try it as well. Or ask if you can buy a simple benzoyl peroxide topical at the drugstore. Tell them that doing nothing doesn't seem to be helping with the acne, and natural methods aren't always proven to work. Also, try to cut out high sugars and dairy from your diet and eat as healthy as possible.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/27/2015 2:26 pm

Agreed.. no matter what the issue cutting back on sugar completely, and probably dairy, should help to some degree.

I still think more info could be useful!