Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello friends.

So on Christmas of 2014 I finished Accutane. I was on 40 mg for six months, and 60 mg for one month. I weigh 110 lbs. I had great results. As time went on, I noticed I started to get more and more clogged pores. I have only gotten one large pimple since being off the medication. The clogged pores really bother me because my skin is just so rough. I would rather have one bad pimple and smooth skin than lots of clogged pores. Anyways, I am currently using:

-Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser(Normal to Oily skin)

-Differin(generic) .1 gel

-Cetaphil SPF 15

I do this twice a day. At night I use makeup remover cloths to remove my makeup.

I have a few questions though:

-Since I was on Accutane, how long do you think until I see results for the Differin?

-I am interested in starting a toner. Should I wait until a certain point with Differin to introduce that?

-Anyone have a makeup remover that they like? I've heard things about Jojoba oil??

MY MAIN QUESTION IS ABOUT MOISTURIZER. I DESPERATELY WANT TO FIND ONE THAT DOES NOT HAVE SPF. I WANT IT TO BE HYDRATING FOR NIGHT TIME, BUT NOT BREAK ME OUT. I HAVE TRIED CERAVE PM AND IT BROKE ME OUT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

xoxoxo I am just a girl looking for some answers!

I wonder if IPL laser might be an option? Not at the same time as the differin though.

Before you ask... some info on IPL under 'laser therapy' here .... www.clearskinalternatives.com

Specifically here I am referring to the dilated pores which are getting clogged.