Notifications
Clear all

I Was Depressed From Acne

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 03/25/2015 8:03 pm

I have been in a nine year relationship...with acne. Starting in middle school my skin alternated between good and bad. It continued until college in this cycle. In college, my skin was so dry, oily, flaky, sensitive, and broken out. My makeup looked terrible. I started out not going to events and avoiding people. It got so much worse. I would hide out in my room, not go to class or work, and just cry when I got ready in the mornings. Eventually my mom had to come pick me up at school(she flew down) and I left school early. It was such a painful and sad time in my life. I was put on an antidepressant, went through counseling, and eventually did Accutane. I am in a much better place now. I currently am having some trouble with clogged pores and what not, and I am starting a retinoid. It is scary, because I am scared of relapsing back to that sad state. I also am scared of my acne becoming worse. I just want to not have to focus on it. Jut wanted to let everyone know they are not alone, many people feel like you do.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 03/28/2015 6:33 am

were you able to go back to school? I myself decided not to go to college after hs. I knew i would'nt have been able to handle another 4 years of bs, i only barely got my hs diploma after extreme acne affected me id say around 14 to 19 years old. Started at 12 for me too.

I just would have been the social outcast on campus, same as fucking hs. At first i felt bad about not going, but after reading up on some statistics i felt like i made the right choice, because had i gone i probably would not have compleated my diploma and would have ended up with a ton of debt with nothing to show for it.

So in the last 4 years ive been bouncing from job to job. Geting fired from each one due to poor attendance due to... you guessed it my acne & ice pick scars resulting in no motivation due to low self esteam. fucking sucks

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 03/28/2015 10:24 am

I was able to go back to school. I transferred to a school closer to home. I still struggle socially but I do the best I can do. I Just tell myself that my academic performance doesn't depend on my looks.

MemberMember
(@rlam)

Posted : 03/29/2015 5:09 pm

Please don't let your acne stop you! You only have one life to live, do you really want to spend it hiding out in a room avoiding people? I'm currently a senior in highschool and I went through that myself this summer and fall, and now I just regret missing the things I did. I'll leave a pic to show how bad it was. This one guy on youtube "HumerusFitness" made a series of 60+ videos of him on accutane and he has a lot of good motivational stuff on there. You'll be in my prayers, God bless!

post-431720-0-49491200-1427666909_thumb.

post-431720-0-47743400-1427666929_thumb.

post-431720-0-00761200-1427666968_thumb.