Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cachebr0

Skin Picking/touching Habits

Sometimes I noticed I'm touching or picking at my skin due to "signaling," is there anyway to remedy this?

For instance, I'll be stressed out and dissociate, and then i'll start scanning over my skin for bumps/oil deposits, etc..

It's a pain in the ass. Also, I started using Niacin for my skin and it's amazing, but only if I stop touching my skin. Psychologically, the fact that I haven't been able to stop for the last few years is making me question why this habit is even existing. Additionally, I'll sometimes wake up and noticed that I was picking at my skin in my sleep -- generally I am aware of it but sometimes I'm not really "all there" so I don't realize it is a habit I'm consciously trying to moderate.

I intend to do a 90-day regimen, where I mark of each day and night that I have not unnecessarily came in contact with my skin, and at the 90-day mark I will consider it a success and no longer think about it but also no longer will I be picking or touching my skin when unneeded.

Looking for input, thanks!