Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

heres my question the rest of the stuff below is just my history with acne..

Q: is should I start taking B5 because I here it's good for people with EXTREMELY oily skin and acne and how can I get ahold of b5, OTC? , order online? or what

i have been using bp for years now

and it hasnt been really good

i started getting a few zits in some areas when i was around 13 (im 18 now)

it wasnt thatt bad compared to now...

over the years its got worse...the first thing i tried was those oxy pads ...wow that was a long time ago...eventually it got serious so my doctor would give me 10% bp..that was ok at first...still never really cleared me up..then my skin started getting flakey..so i used moisturizer which fixed the flakes up.

around the last year my skin started getting SO OILY all of a sudden...ive used neutrogena on the spot bp which didnt do that much and neutrogena cleansers/mask which actually was doing quite well until they cancelled making it in Canada eusa_naughty.gifsad.gifsad.gif

right now im trying

Smart Skin Care

it comes with

Renewing Cleanser: 

* Dries and clears up acne pimples (Blemishes, Blackheads).

* Penetrates pores to help control (reduce) acne pimples.

* Helps treat and keep skin clear of new pimples.

Refining Mask: 

Repairing Lotion: 

Oil Free Moisturizer: 

* One of the finest moisturizers ever used.

* Contains sunscreen to protect your skin from the drying effects of the sun.

Revitalizing Toner: 

* Hydrates and helps soothe skin in addition to gently removing excess oil.

That whole story with starting a BP regimen and after long-term use getting extremely oily skin is exactly what happened to me and seems to be all too common... My guess is that the best thing to do is to use as little BP and other drying products as possible, have a good diet with lots of vegetables, excercise, and drink a lot of water to stay hydrated, until the skin turns back to normal (which would take a loong time after using something as bad as BP).

Those Neutrogena oil-control-whatever products don't do shit btw. The most I'd get from Neutrogena is some good gentle cleanser. Toners, astringents, etc. are also completely useless. They won't change anything and can actually make things worse.

hey there, everyone says the higest dose is 10gms. SO yeh, twenty 500mg pills. After that you're meant to slowly reduce your dose or something until you get your right dose

I have super oily skin, but I'm never gona try b5. it doesn't sound right eating that much of it.

I'm trying primrose oil, flaxseed. i heard that helps. I had a thread about oil, you might wanna check that out

hey there, everyone says the higest dose is 10gms. SO yeh, twenty 500mg pills. After that you're meant to slowly reduce your dose or something until you get your right dose

I have super oily skin, but I'm never gona try b5. it doesn't sound right eating that much of it.

I'm trying primrose oil, flaxseed. i heard that helps. I had a thread about oil, you might wanna check that out