Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krissypants30

Will Accutane Get Rid Of Existing Cysts?

Alright guys,

About 5 months ago I got a cyst on my chin and then a month after that got another one exactly across from it on the other side of my chin. They got bigger and bigger- got cortisone shots for them and Ive been on Accutane for about 3 months starting at 20 mg (1st month) 40 mg (2nd month) and now Im on 60 mg- have been for a month and will continue for another 3.

Ive asked pharmacists the question of whether accutane gets rid of existing cysts and they all said yes but I am a little skeptical.

If the answer is no I see no reason for me to be on this pill. I do not like being on this pill but I am only doing it in hopes that it will be rid of these cysts completely. They have gone down a bit because of the cortisone and time- but they are still there. I also have a small dent in one of them from the cortisone.

I already know these things will leave a scar (red mark) its horrible...I never had acne problems and I am thinking I should have went to Toronto to get these things dealt with before going on Accutane.

Any advice or expertise would be appreciated guys!

Thanks