Notifications
Clear all

Should I Stop Working Out?

MemberMember
(@worldtraveler27)

Posted : 03/24/2015 3:31 pm

My acne was clearing great and I thought finally it will go away on its own. I started to work out thinking it might help my acne. I was wrong. My acne started flaring up and within a couple days I had a whole bunch of small whiteheads and small cysts along my cheek/jaw on my right side. I then started using a makeup remover wipe before my workout to wipe off my makeup from the day and washing my face with water after working out, but it's not getting any better. My acne is sort of just sitting there not going away and very red. I worked out in the summer before and never had this problem. I don't know what to do, any suggestions to help?

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/24/2015 3:47 pm

I think initially its probably a good idea to back off from the gym atleast until the skin settles.

Moderate exercise with good hydration should probably be fine.
It's probably also worth thinking if there were any other precipitating factors - a work out supplement perhaps?

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 03/24/2015 11:17 pm

You know this is exactly what is happening to me. I have no idea why. I have been working out for about 3 years ago, never took steroids or test boosters(causes of acne)

Exactly a year ago I had acne but it cleared up and its happening again, and i cant seem to figure out why. I have same as you, my cheecks and my jaw line. Jaw line is new and i never had these before. Its so frustrating, specially i have been healthy for the past 2 years.

MemberMember
(@worldtraveler27)

Posted : 03/25/2015 9:02 am

I think initially its probably a good idea to back off from the gym atleast until the skin settles.

Moderate exercise with good hydration should probably be fine.

It's probably also worth thinking if there were any other precipitating factors - a work out supplement perhaps?

No workout supplement, but I think I will have to stop working out. I didn't yesterday and there was a dramatic improvement in the morning.

You know this is exactly what is happening to me. I have no idea why. I have been working out for about 3 years ago, never took steroids or test boosters(causes of acne)

Exactly a year ago I had acne but it cleared up and its happening again, and i cant seem to figure out why. I have same as you, my cheecks and my jaw line. Jaw line is new and i never had these before. Its so frustrating, specially i have been healthy for the past 2 years.

Definitely frustrating, I dont know whether to keep going or not, it's like either way I lose out on something.

MemberMember
(@veenax)

Posted : 03/25/2015 7:32 pm

I do take a lot of supplements, and I have been taking them for years now, however begining of this month I switched up the company but idk if that is the cause. But I did stop those. I have been on the regimen for over 3 weeks now and its not stopping. I just cant figure out the reason. I cut out everything any new diets or supplements I have been using for the past 2 months but its not helping. I was clear for over 8 months since my last year acne breakouts. But its coming back :/

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 03/26/2015 11:23 am

Hey I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me. I used to find breakouts across my jaws and chin every time after working out, even if I showered immediately after. What I found out was that leaving the sweat on my face for a period of time was causing these breakout, so what I do is I immediately wipe off any sweat that comes in contact with my face. It's annoying to constantly be wiping my face when I work out but the after workout breakouts have completely stopped ever since, so it's worth it.

MemberMember
(@worldtraveler27)

Posted : 03/26/2015 11:52 am

I do take a lot of supplements, and I have been taking them for years now, however begining of this month I switched up the company but idk if that is the cause. But I did stop those. I have been on the regimen for over 3 weeks now and its not stopping. I just cant figure out the reason. I cut out everything any new diets or supplements I have been using for the past 2 months but its not helping. I was clear for over 8 months since my last year acne breakouts. But its coming back :/

Are u still taking supplements? Maybe if you went a week without them your skin might get better. But that sucks its coming back, especially after you won the battle. I hope yours will clear up soon!

Hey I don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me. I used to find breakouts across my jaws and chin every time after working out, even if I showered immediately after. What I found out was that leaving the sweat on my face for a period of time was causing these breakout, so what I do is I immediately wipe off any sweat that comes in contact with my face. It's annoying to constantly be wiping my face when I work out but the after workout breakouts have completely stopped ever since, so it's worth it.

Hmmm okay I'll try it and see how it goes, thanks for the advice!