Notifications
Clear all

Acne Safe Toothpaste And Mouthwash?

MemberMember
(@scott957)

Posted : 03/23/2015 9:30 pm

Anybody have a good toothpaste and mouthwash that won't cause acne?

I know there are other stuff in toothpastes besides fluoride that can cause acne.

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/24/2015 4:27 pm

I'm not sure about tooth paste but as far as mouth wash I have heard oil pulling works well. It is supposed to kill bacteria by pulling the toxins into the oil so you can spit them out. People have also said it helps to make teeth whiter, helps clear skin, and even cures cavities. I have used it a couple of times and I did notice my teeth looked whiter. As far as skin clearing goes I don't know if it works I didn't use it long enough to see those kind of results because I didn't have the time. Since it is natural it won't cause acne and it does fight bad breath so I don't see a reason to not try it.

MemberMember
(@scott957)

Posted : 03/24/2015 8:13 pm

Not sure what oil pulling is, but I will look into that.

I couldn't find any fluoride free toothpaste at my local supermarkets. All of them have fluoride except for one called Tom's Toothpaste. But I looked it up and they changed their formula It may not have fluoride but they have other harmful chemicals.

MemberMember
(@scott957)

Posted : 03/24/2015 11:24 pm

On 3/25/2015 at 3:27 AM, Dren0707 said:

I'm not sure about tooth paste but as far as mouth wash I have heard oil pulling works well. It is supposed to kill bacteria by pulling the toxins into the oil so you can spit them out. People have also said it helps to make teeth whiter, helps clear skin, and even cures cavities. I have used it a couple of times and I did notice my teeth looked whiter. As far as skin clearing goes I don't know if it works I didn't use it long enough to see those kind of results because I didn't have the time. Since it is natural it won't cause acne and it does fight bad breath so I don't see a reason to not try it.

Is this worth a try?:

https://www.amazon.com/Oil-Pulling-GuruNanda-Authentic-Formulation/dp/B00ODJDKWY/

I have extra virgin and unrefined coconut oil, so I was thinking about just using that.

But they say you have to do it for 20 minutes? Jeez.

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/25/2015 7:11 am

On 3/25/2015 at 10:24 AM, Scott957 said:
On 3/25/2015 at 3:27 AM, Dren0707 said:

Is this worth a try?:

https://www.amazon.com/Oil-Pulling-GuruNanda-Authentic-Formulation/dp/B00ODJDKWY/

I have extra virgin and unrefined coconut oil, so I was thinking about just using that.

But they say you have to do it for 20 minutes? Jeez.

It's really not bad I promise. 20 minutes seems like forever but if you do it while in the shower or watching a good show you will never even notice. I've only ever done it with coconut oil and after it melts you can't taste it at all. I hope you try it! :)