Notifications
Clear all

Please Help Needed - Hyper-Pigmentation Or Scarring?

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 03/23/2015 6:19 pm

Could u please help me identify what these are and how can I go ahead and heal the skin to look normal

Thanks

post-454038-0-83561600-1427152623.jpg

post-454038-0-18227600-1427152717.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/23/2015 9:09 pm

looks like you've got cystic acne on your neck, and on your face I would say it's just hyperpigmentation...something like an AHA would help, a glycolic acid 10% that you use daily will help...start slow though and make sure it agrees with you

if you have money, I would go for a few PDL laser sessions, that will remove the redness quicker...looks like you don't have a lot of scarring, large pores but not a lot of scarring, just the redness

what are you doing to treat the acne on your neck?

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 03/24/2015 11:24 am

looks like you've got cystic acne on your neck, and on your face I would say it's just hyperpigmentation...something like an AHA would help, a glycolic acid 10% that you use daily will help...start slow though and make sure it agrees with you

if you have money, I would go for a few PDL laser sessions, that will remove the redness quicker...looks like you don't have a lot of scarring, large pores but not a lot of scarring, just the redness

what are you doing to treat the acne on your neck?

Hi thanks for your help, and what do u reccomend for the red marks to get rid of them? where can i have these laser sessions and how much are they?

Also i dont know what i can do for my neck, im taking tetralysal and also vitamin c and zinc supplements daily, also at night i have just started applying epiduo to the acne on my neck. I am also going to start drinking green tea to see if that helps, what else could i do?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/25/2015 11:52 am

do you live in the united states? PDL is pulsed dye laser, it won't mess up your beard (IPL can do that)- a couple hundred a session and a few sessions would be good

if money is a problem get the AHA from this site, acne.org, and use that....you may also find it helpful for your neck...keep up with the meds and the epiduo that should all help

good luck to you and keep us posted