Notifications
Clear all

Microgynin - Does It Help?

MemberMember
(@vic13)

Posted : 03/23/2015 5:05 pm

Hello,

My dr has taken me off dianette and onto microgynin. I had bad acne before but dianette has given me the best skin ever! Now I'm terrified microgynin wont help me. Has anyone tried it? What effects did it have?

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/26/2015 6:18 am

You mean Microgynon?

I've just started this pill too! I'm on my first week. I was originally supposed to start Diane but my endo suggested this one would be a better one to start on as it has a lower risk of clotting (apparently). Can I ask, why did your dr. take you off dianette?

Sorry I can't tell if / how it helps with acne because I've also only just started. But so far, so good. No issues / side effects at all.

My doctor says it's helped a lot of her patients with skin problems but it's all about trial and error and finding which pill works best for you.

Anyway, hopefully this pill works well for both of us!

MemberMember
(@ellie93)

Posted : 03/27/2015 5:24 am

I don't want to try and worry you, but my skin was awful on Microgynon. I went back and saw a different doctor, and he said I should never have been put on it with my skin problems as it is known to just make it worse. I'm now on Cilest and this seems to be a lot better.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/02/2015 7:48 pm

I don't want to try and worry you, but my skin was awful on Microgynon. I went back and saw a different doctor, and he said I should never have been put on it with my skin problems as it is known to just make it worse. I'm now on Cilest and this seems to be a lot better.

Good to here someone's experience on it :) Sorry it didn't work for you but that's great that cilest seems to be going better! Hope it continues well for you

So far I have no real change in my skin on microgynon - definitely not any worse though so that's great. If anything, it's a little more under control, but it's still early days so it's hard to tell. Remaining hopeful.

I really think it depends on each individual.

MemberMember
(@vic13)

Posted : 08/07/2015 11:11 am

Thanks for all your replies!

Well its August now and I'm about to start my fifth month on Microgynon. Good news, my acne hasnt come back. I though going from Dianette to Microgynon would send it crazy as they are completely opposite pills. My skin has got oiler, but thats not an issue really I just use boots own oil absorption sheets half way throughthe day or use a mattifier. The acne however has stayed away. Its good to have oiler skin anyway, its much slower to age than dry skin and as long as you use oil absorption sheets rather than wash it you can keep it under control. I'm so pleased my acne is a thing of the past I had it since I was 13 and now I'm 27! :) I still get one or two spots when I'm stressed or run down but even dianette couldnt stop that.

Lily, my dr took me off it because of the higher risk of strokes and blood clots. It is also linked to horrific depression which I can relate to as dianette caused me to have horrific depression for the first three months I was on it. I hope microgynon has worked for you x