Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello! I have been suffering from moderate acne mainly on both cheeks and around chin for about 9/10 months now. I visited a dermatologist who prescribed lymecycline and yasmin (birth control) for 3 months (and I began differin 0.5% gel about 4 months ago). I have just passed the 8 weeks mark, and I have honestly noticed a great reduction in new spots and cysts however scarring and red marks are still very apparent which makes it appear much worse than it is.

What I am wondering is at the end of this 3 month period what do you recommend I do? I can either go to my local GP (I am UK) to see what to do next or visit my dermatologist however this would cost me a lot of money therefore the GP would make much more sense BUT the worry I have with this is they would not know the best course of action compared to a dermatologist. My absolute worse nightmare would be to end the antibiotics and for it to simply get worse and develop again :( (I presume from the bacteria growth to begin again?). I have plans to stay on yasmin, however I would greatly appreciate any advice on what to do with the antibiotics- would the expert advice from the dermatologist be worth the money or would a doctor know the best next step too?

Thank you very much for your time and I would love to hear any advice or recommendation based on your possible experiences! :)