Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Question Again!

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/22/2015 1:09 pm

I have a question again. I just started 60 mg which is a 30mg increase from my starting dose. So my question is. Why is my derm having me take 30 mg in the morning and 30 at night and not just two 30s in the morning? That seems like it would work better to me.

MemberMember
(@tfios22)

Posted : 03/22/2015 2:50 pm

By taking one 30mg pill in the morning, and one at night, you are spreading out the dosage. Which will probably help you absorb the most out of the medication, rather than taking both pills at the same time.

I have a question again. I just started 60 mg which is a 30mg increase from my starting dose. So my question is. Why is my derm having me take 30 mg in the morning and 30 at night and not just two 30s in the morning? That seems like it would work better to me.

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/22/2015 3:17 pm

By taking one 30mg pill in the morning, and one at night, you are spreading out the dosage. Which will probably help you absorb the most out of the medication, rather than taking both pills at the same time.

Really?! That's great! I was hoping there was an actual reason. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/22/2015 3:37 pm

Everything ive read suggests the dose split and taken roughly 12 hrs apart

I noticed when i took my meds all at once the side effects hit me harder than when it was spread out

My biggest issue was getting flushed and i swear when I took 40mg all at once my face looked like a beet and felt warm...better when i took 20/20

My Dr thought told me it didnt matter if i took it 1, 2 or 3 times a day as long as i took the indicated number of mg

GL

Kim

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/22/2015 4:52 pm

Hi- it actually doesn't make a huge difference in how well it works. As someone else mentioned though, it might help with side effects (although I didn't notice a difference between taking them all at once and taking them once vs. one the am and one in the pm). One thing to consider though, is taking the medication with meals. If you have a hard time consuming the meds with a high fat meal twice a day, you might want to take both pills at the time you eat your fattiest meal.