Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dren0707

New Acne Regimen

Ok so I recently started a new way of trying to stop my acne and I was looking for some feedback. I recently bought this acne cleanser from Neutrogena for stubborn acne and I loved it. The problem is it has a lot of chemicals and caused my skin to dry out. Also I was going through it like crazy and it costs a little less than ten bucks per bottle. My skin was very dried out and I can't use normal moisturizers because I have skin that is extremely prone to break outs. It is oily, but yet dry, and reacts badly to any kind of moisture.

So because of this I decided to change my routine to something more natural. I did a lot of researching and this was my decision.

Morning:

wash with honey (I normally leave it on when I eat then wash it off with warm water)

Apple cider vinegar toner (I used two parts water one part acv)

Small dab of coconut oil under eyes (I love this I feel like it's helping with my dark circles!)

Then primer and makeup

Night:

Wash with my stubborn acne cleanser

Acv toner

Coconut oil under eyes

That has been my process for the last four days. My skin looks a little better and is less dry. I did develop two new pimples and I don't know if that's the first stage of healing or if it's because my new regimen isn't working. Should I add lemon to my honey for my scars? Just looking for feedback and ideas. THANKS! :)