Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cshock1

Upping Dose To 60Mg..

So I'm on week two as of today of accutane (absorica) my derm told me to take 30mg for 2 weeks and then 60 from then on. I'm still breakout out like a bitch from my initial breakout. Skin is flaking around active acne and nose, What should I expect now that I'm taking 60? Can my face really get any worse :/?

Hey

Might just be the same

I was great on 20mg for 2 weeks than bumped to 40mg which is when my IB began and started feeling side effects

I was worried about going to 60mg but at first i didnt notice any at all..stayed the same for a while (dont remember exactly how long)

after i was on 60 for some time i started having mild joint pain and my biggest issue was my eyes (wear contact/dryness)

GOOD LUCK

kim

Hey

Might just be the same

I was great on 20mg for 2 weeks than bumped to 40mg which is when my IB began and started feeling side effects

I was worried about going to 60mg but at first i didnt notice any at all..stayed the same for a while (dont remember exactly how long)

after i was on 60 for some time i started having mild joint pain and my biggest issue was my eyes (wear contact/dryness)

GOOD LUCK

kim

Thanks Kim! I don't want my initial breakout to get worse. One day it's better and then the next it's a war zone. Total roller coaster.

Tell me about it

I had 3 distint major breakouts (wont call is initial because it wasnt)

It was about 2 weeks after each dose increase

looking back I wish I just bite the bullet and started on a higher dose and stayed that way through the course

anyway im thinking of lowering my dose now because i have been on 50-60 for a while and am still having 3-4 good days followed by more breakouts

I dont see the point!

kim