Notifications
Clear all

Losing Hope. Nothing Ever Seems To Work.

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 03/21/2015 6:06 am

I™m a 24 year old male with mild acne. I™ve had acne since aged 13, took antibiotics at 19/20 and cleared my skin up. Acne returned about 7 or 8 months after I stopped taking them, so I took the same antibiotics and eventually stopped taking them about 2 years later as they weren™t doing anything. I™ve been antibiotics free for about a year and have been looking into more natural ways to clear my skin¦but nothing seems to be working :|

What I do:

I drink over 2 litres of water a day

I have a Nutribullet and have been having Green, Orange and Berry smoothies/juices daily.

I take a daily multivitamin and a green tea supplement daily

I drink three cups of green tea a day

I don™t use a face wash because they always dry out my skin and I have dry skin to start with. To clean my face I use an exfoliating glove a couple of times a week and use this Tea Tree Floral Water each morning: http://www.naturallythinking.com/products/Tea-Tree-Floral-Water.html

I used a Simple Moisturiser.

All the above seem to have little effect on keeping my skin under control.

Also just so you understand how difficult my skin is, I had six sessions of laser acne removal in Sept-Nov time but my skin didn™t clear up much at all. It was really painful to look at the before and after pictures and struggle to see signs of improvement. I was also left with two scars which was great.

So what am I doing wrong? What can I try? I really need help as it looks like things aren't EVER going to get even slightly better.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/21/2015 7:57 am

I am sorry that you're going through this. I've been struggling with this since age 15 and I am now 31 - it sucks. Giving up antibiotics was a smart choice as in the long run it can be devastating on your general health. I would recommend if you haven't already, to see a dermatologist . Find one that you're comfortable with and who is willing to work with you long term. Have them systematically start you on the basic topicals and work your way up. Also, make diet changes for a long period of time. A naturopath can assist you in regards to supplements. Not saying that this will fix your acne but it helps to eliminate things.

Good luck

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 03/21/2015 11:23 am

Ah! I know how you feel! We're around the same age and I've had acne since 13 years old too! :S

I was on antibiotics for 6 months to almost a year but I stopped because they're bad for you.

I've tried chemical peels which did great but I still have really bad scars... but they didn't stop me from breaking out...

I've tried a few things like trying to eat clean and juice but not sure if that helps too.

I wish I could help you but I'm dealing the same thing.

But it's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this...

lol :S

~ Ari

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 03/22/2015 4:13 pm

Thanks for your replied. Ari have you found anything that works well for you? If you haven't tried it already, I recommend Tanda Clear - it's great at treating spots when they get to the surface and bringing them down quicker than usual - however, it doesn't do anything to stop more coming up.

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 03/23/2015 7:55 am

Thanks for your replied. Ari have you found anything that works well for you? If you haven't tried it already, I recommend Tanda Clear - it's great at treating spots when they get to the surface and bringing them down quicker than usual - however, it doesn't do anything to stop more coming up.

Tanda Clear? Never heard of it before but I'll look it up, thank you.

I've been using apple cider vinegar as toner.

My acne is more tamed now though I get cystic zits every now and then. :S