Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had 2 cysts on my cheek in January. It's now 3 months later and the marks are still very red, especially when I'm hot or straight after a shower. They look indented which is what I'm really worried about. How long do the scars keep improving for? And if they are indented now is that it or will they keep improving?

A scar, so I've been told, is matured after a full year. At that point, it is what it is, basically.

In my experience in terms of how indented my scar was, it wasn't significantly different after time had passed. Laser did help a tad, I feel, as a laser treatment causes collagen build up. But the difference isn't in and of itself dramatic. The redness was very much there even after a year and the laser treatment basically got rid of that.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

I had 2 cysts on my cheek in January. It's now 3 months later and the marks are still very red, especially when I'm hot or straight after a shower. They look indented which is what I'm really worried about. How long do the scars keep improving for? And if they are indented now is that it or will they keep improving?

A scar, so I've been told, is matured after a full year. At that point, it is what it is, basically.

In my experience in terms of how indented my scar was, it wasn't significantly different after time had passed. Laser did help a tad, I feel, as a laser treatment causes collagen build up. But the difference isn't in and of itself dramatic. The redness was very much there even after a year and the laser treatment basically got rid of that.

Ever thought of single needling around a relatively new scar?

No but I've thought of subcision and subsequently decided against it.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

No but I've thought of subcision and subsequently decided against it.

Backed by dozens of studies and relatively low cost, it's of one those treatments that really earns 'Never hurts to try' I'm getting full face subcision this wednesday

Why did you decide against it?

Edited by Robertitoo

Backed by dozens of studies and relatively low cost, it's of one those treatments that really earns 'Never hurts to try' I'm getting full face subcision this wednesday

Wow, I hope it makes a difference for you.

I decided against it just because I was happy with the results of the lasers. I mean I didn't really need any more improvement nor did I think subsicion would change anything in my case that was worth the money and time. I had reached a point where I was able to let it go mentally so... I just decided to move on.

Wow, I hope it makes a difference for you.

I decided against it just because I was happy with the results of the lasers. I mean I didn't really need any more improvement nor did I think subsicion would change anything in my case that was worth the money and time. I had reached a point where I was able to let it go mentally so... I just decided to move on.

That's great man! Glad you're still with us anyways :)

I have exactly the same scar situation, 3 months old from cyst, still red and slightly indented and I was wondering the same.

I have only been using some 5% Glycolic Acid cream and wondering when I could try and treat it with something else?

It was definitely not a cyst..

What do you mean Anton?

You've mistaken your 2 pimples for "cysts". They were not cysts :) Edited by Antonthegreat

Ok thanks Anton. The second pic I posted has more red marks and these were big angry whiteheads that lasted a couple of weeks. Do the marks look like they will indent?

Ok thanks Anton. The second pic I posted has more red marks and these were big angry whiteheads that lasted a couple of weeks. Do the marks look like they will indent?

Doesn't look like it. What you can do to see if they'll indent is shine a light on top of your red mark and see if there is a hole. Use the flashlight of your phone or something, start moving your head in different angles to really get a good look at the mark. If theres no hole, then there wont be a permanent indention.

May I ask if you have had acne breakout on your both cheeks before? The texture seems to be quite different even though no atrophies are observed.

Yes ive had acne on both cheeks and ipl, fraxel and co2

What do you mean different texture? Do you mean one cheek looks worse than the other?

Edited by bee4acne

Ok I'm getting pretty worried about walkietalkies last post. Can anyone else see issues with texture. I actually thought my skin was looking ok in these pics, apart from the red marks. My skin was very dry here though. What do you think?