Notifications
Clear all

Acne Back Of The Neck

MemberMember
(@niko2105)

Posted : 03/20/2015 8:02 am

Hello.

I hope you can help me with this question. Since i was 15 years old, i have dealt with extreme acne all over my body. When i was around 18 years old i started taking accutane for the first time. I ended up stopping first course after 5 months, because my face got destroyed by the pills. Well the accutane did some really good results all over my body, except for the back of my neck. I still had large cysts around my hairline, and everytime one of the dissapeared, a new one was rising. Now im 22 years old. Ive started an accutane course again for 7 months ago, because i was getting a bit of acne on my face, and because the acne on the back of my neck still are there and it destroys my life totally. Well ive been taking the pills for 7 months, and all the acne is totally gone, but i still get large cysts on the back of my neck, and i dont know what to do at all. I know 80% of accutane users Will get clear, and im getting cleared except for the back of my neck, and im here wondering, if a person that the pills work for, will work for every place of his body, or if it happens, that some places wont get cleared everywhere? When i stopped my first course of accutane, i still had LOTS of cysts on my back, but around 1-2 months after, they suddenly dissapeared all of Them. Since month 7 of accutane started, im starting to scalp on the back of my neck. Is this a good sign? Should i Keep taking the pills for like 10-12 months? Will it make any changes? Im taking 100 mg (5 pills a day).

I really hope i can get some advice here. Ive been looking everywhere on Google for acne of the back og the neck, but i cant really find anything good.

- The guy that is tired of acne!

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 03/20/2015 2:14 pm

Hello.

I hope you can help me with this question. Since i was 15 years old, i have dealt with extreme acne all over my body. When i was around 18 years old i started taking accutane for the first time. I ended up stopping first course after 5 months, because my face got destroyed by the pills. Well the accutane did some really good results all over my body, except for the back of my neck. I still had large cysts around my hairline, and everytime one of the dissapeared, a new one was rising. Now im 22 years old. Ive started an accutane course again for 7 months ago, because i was getting a bit of acne on my face, and because the acne on the back of my neck still are there and it destroys my life totally. Well ive been taking the pills for 7 months, and all the acne is totally gone, but i still get large cysts on the back of my neck, and i dont know what to do at all. I know 80% of accutane users Will get clear, and im getting cleared except for the back of my neck, and im here wondering, if a person that the pills work for, will work for every place of his body, or if it happens, that some places wont get cleared everywhere? When i stopped my first course of accutane, i still had LOTS of cysts on my back, but around 1-2 months after, they suddenly dissapeared all of Them. Since month 7 of accutane started, im starting to scalp on the back of my neck. Is this a good sign? Should i Keep taking the pills for like 10-12 months? Will it make any changes? Im taking 100 mg (5 pills a day).

I really hope i can get some advice here. Ive been looking everywhere on Google for acne of the back og the neck, but i cant really find anything good.

- The guy that is tired of acne!

Hey Niko. I have the same problem you have and I know how horrendous it is. I suffer from cysts on the back of my neck and upper back just like yourself and after a google search a year or so ago it brought me to this site as I couldn't find anything other on cysts in this location. So we have pretty similar stories.

Just to be upfront. I have yet to find anything that 'cures' me. I have found things that have improved my skin and things that haven't done anything so will try give you a little bit of information. The main thing that helped my cystic acne was diet changes. I have been off gluten for several months now and have noticed an improvement. I tried a dairy free diet prior to this one but it didn't really have any effect on me. I would definitely give an elimination diet ago especially with accutane ridding you of all your other acne problems so it seems likely your cystic acne is caused by something other than hormonal issues. You definitely need time and patience for this.

I have been convinced my cystic acne is been caused by various things (probably because I'm desperate and trying to re-assure myself that I have found the problem) So will tell you the things that had little to no effect for me. 1. changing pillowcases every day didn't do anything for me. 2. anti dandruff shampoo seemed to help originally but the effect has worn off now. oxytetracycline did nothing. erythmacylin is what I am on now and have been on for several months now is also having no effect. Supplements and vitamins didn't help. washing my hair twice a day did help for my clogged pores but nothing for my cysts. sea salt baths did help quite a lot to start with but again wore off. Tea tree and anti bacterial washes did nothing. changing laundry detergent probably irritated my skin more than it did help. and theres been so much more I have tried that hasn't helped.

So yer thats what I have tried with no luck but I would definitely look into doing some diet changes. May i ask what other sort of acne you had prior too accutane? I'm considering a low dosage but not really too sure on what to do with it.

MemberMember
(@niko2105)

Posted : 03/24/2015 7:54 am

Seems like we have the same problem mate... Im wondering if you

Ever tried accutane for your acne, and dis it work at all or not?

MemberMember
(@lus4279)

Posted : 03/24/2015 2:53 pm

Seems like we have the same problem mate... Im wondering if you

Ever tried accutane for your acne, and dis it work at all or not?

Nope I havn't yet but think I will be real soon. Didn't want to have to rely on anti biotics a permanent fix. Wanted to try as much as I could first but I have pretty much just given up. Going to get booked in to see a seem though as I keep putting it off

MemberMember
(@niko2105)

Posted : 03/26/2015 12:37 pm

Well if you have bad acne, go ahead and take accutane for sure... People talking about the side effects are shit. Yes you Will get dry around your mouth (Apply 70% locobase around your mouth after a shower, and you wont notice any scalp during the day. Your lips Will also get really dry, so remember to have a lipstick in your pocket all day long. All the other side effects wont come 4 sure.

And please follow my advice... In my first accutane course, i had to stop before my finish, because my skin was getting destroyed, because i applied other cremes. This second course ive applied locobase, and i see no skin scalping at all