Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation Question (Pics)

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 03/19/2015 3:46 pm

My derm said ️these would take 3 months to go away, with what I'm on (tretinoin .05, doxy,sulfacetamide, sunscreen , niacinamide) is that reasonable?

By the way the top 2 marks on the upper left cheek are moles ignore those

post-454238-0-73615900-1426797670_thumb.

post-454238-0-82376600-1426797718_thumb.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/19/2015 4:10 pm

My derm said these would take 3 months to go away, with what I'm on (tretinoin .05, doxy,sulfacetamide, sunscreen , niacinamide) is that reasonable?

Hello Teeoh,

They look more like acne scars than hyperpigmentation but your derm is right, the marks should fade away within a few months provided that you do not have any more break outs. We hope your treatment works for you. Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@teeoh)

Posted : 03/19/2015 4:22 pm

My derm said these would take 3 months to go away, with what I'm on (tretinoin .05, doxy,sulfacetamide, sunscreen , niacinamide) is that reasonable?

Hello Teeoh,

They look more like acne scars than hyperpigmentation but your derm is right, the marks should fade away within a few months provided that you do not have any more break outs. We hope your treatment works for you. Best of luck!

Yeah one of them scarred but I the rest are flat I promise:)

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/19/2015 4:38 pm

Hi Teeoh,

Thank you for clearing that up. Hyperpigmentation is actually your skin's inflammatory response to your acne. However, there are many treatments available to reduce and even eliminate these dark marks. Retinoids, chemical peels and laser treatments do sometimes work in removing hyperpigmentation depending on the severity of your marks. For more information on hyperpigmentation and for useful reviews on treatments, kindly visit our hyperpigmentation page by using the link provided below.

http://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html