Notifications
Clear all

Sunbeds- Could They Be Making My Break Out?!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 03/19/2015 9:23 am

A few weeks ago I started getting sun beds. My skin was good from the Dianette pill, wish i'd never messed around with it- but as most acne sufferers will know I was being greedy and wanted perfection!

I remembered how absolutely flawless my skin was this year when I was on holiday in Thailand, and decided to start getting sun beds. I got one every other day at 6 minutes for like 3 weeks and a 9 minute at the end. After the 9 minute, my skin looked so spotty, so i stopped. I had a cluster of spots on one side and pimples here and there. Its still healing now and the odd pimple is still cropping up.

Could this be the sun beds?! Seems to much of a coincidence to not be. And also- I thought sun helped the skin?! The natural sun definitely does for me. Is there any difference?

Any replies or previous experience would be amazing!!!!!

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/23/2015 8:19 am

Technically Sun beds are not good for your skin at all but I'm not going to lecture because let's be honest I do it too. Personally I have found that after being in a sun bed my shoulder and chest acne tend to clear up. The only time I break out after is if I used one while having makeup on.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 03/24/2015 6:40 am

Technically Sun beds are not good for your skin at all but I'm not going to lecture because let's be honest I do it too. Personally I have found that after being in a sun bed my shoulder and chest acne tend to clear up. The only time I break out after is if I used one while having makeup on.

Yeah - my friend loves them for her back and chest acne, but i didn't feel they helped my face at all ! x

MemberMember
(@dren0707)

Posted : 03/24/2015 7:06 am

Do you tan with makeup on? I have found that that breaks me out. I had a problem with my face getting really really dry after tanning. I started putting body sunscreen on my face and it solved the problem. Just make sure to wash it off right after tanning! Having that on my face the rest of the day causes breakouts for me too.