Notifications
Clear all

Just Had A Baby...my Skin Has Never Looked Better.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 03/18/2015 9:58 am

I did not get a single cyst throughout my pregnancy. I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and my skin is still clear. Not a single cyst in sight. I normally get them every month. I am hoping this will last. Just wondering if anybody here has experienced this and did the cysts/acne eventually come back?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/18/2015 11:06 am

At about 3-4 months after you give birth you get a major hormone change. Some women are lucky and aren't that effected but for a lot that means acne and major hair loss. This happened to me. My skin also became SO oily and cystic which it never was before. My twins are almost 18 months and I'm still dealing with it but it's slowly getting better. It was a total depressing shock. I read that a lot of times only lasts a few months, but not for me. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you. I had no idea. BE WARNED.

P.S. I forgot to say congrats! If I can give you advice, if your cystic acne comes back full force don't let it take any time away from your newborn. It's a very hard thing to do, I know, but you will feel so bad about it later if you do. I was looking at pictures of mine when they were newborns and it is such a sweet, special time. They really need you to be happy and there for them 100% They need all your energy to be love, not vibes of you hating yourself. Sounds cheesy but you really don't realize it till it's too late... And IF it does happen I would skip the dermatologist and find someone who really knows their hormone-balancing stuff. Best of luck to you:)

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/18/2015 3:15 pm

My skin was perfect throughout my first pregnancy. A few months after I gave birth my skin went downhill :( Then after my second pregnancy it got worse. Not saying this will happen to you, but this has been my experience. I keep saying having babies is the reason why I have acne again. I could be wrong, who knows, but I was fine for years until I had children.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 03/28/2015 2:21 am

Aw man... :( I can't stop looking at my skin. It looks so good. Baby is 1 month so that means if I am lucky I may have another month or 2 before it goes back to normal. Thank You all for the replies. At least, I won't be in total shock if my skin starts to breakout again.

MemberMember
(@rightsmith)

Posted : 03/28/2015 5:11 am

This reason for the acne after the pregnancy is that due to hormonal changes in the body will the cause the acne problems. So you should take the Vitamins c supplements in your daily diets, Which really helpful to control the acne.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/23/2015 3:54 pm

Just a quick update! Baby is a little over 4 months and I have not had a single break out! I think my hormones are back to normal ( had testing done to check thyroid levels since I am on thyroid meds) so thinking and hoping that this is it. Pregnancy may have cured my cystic acne problem!