Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was on the regimen for about a year, and then i stopped for two months. Last week I started back up, and i finally ordered the AHA. Do i still have to wait a month to use it or can i start using it now since i was already on the regimen?

Although you have used the regimen in the past, you still need to let your skin re-accustom to the benzoyl peroxide because of the break. I experimented with this. Your skin will tolerate the benzoyl peroxide as long as you use it consistently without hiatuses. So yes, definitely wait about a month before incorporating the AHA+.

Edited by Control Panel
Change of verb tense

Since you took a long break, you'll need to start all over with the original Regimen products and treatment, as if you were a brand-new user. Start with a pea-size portion of BP and go from there, and as Control Panel says, wait about a month before incorporating AHA+.

The good thing about restarting is that the adjustment period is shorter and you clear much faster than when you initially began using the regimen. I know from experience. So I'd definitely suggest incorporating AHA a month into restarting the regimen and you should be good from there.. Good luck!