Notifications
Clear all

Retinoid After Accutane

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 03/17/2015 9:56 am

Hello friends,

So I finished an Accutane treatment on Christmas day of 2014. I started to gradually get more clogged pores. I have only had one real pimple. My skin texture is just not smooth. I have just been using a mild cleanser and moisturizer. I recently started Differin .1 gel. I am applying it every other night. I have used this in the past, along with Retin A(it made my face so dry and irritated). Do you think I will have an initial breakout? How long do you think it will take to remove my clogged pores? I am also on the hunt for a new nighttime moisturizer.(NO SPF). I am interested in Paula's Choice.

Thoughts anyone? I would REALLY appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/17/2015 5:53 pm

Hello friends,

So I finished an Accutane treatment on Christmas day of 2014. I started to gradually get more clogged pores. I have only had one real pimple. My skin texture is just not smooth. I have just been using a mild cleanser and moisturizer. I recently started Differin .1 gel. I am applying it every other night. I have used this in the past, along with Retin A(it made my face so dry and irritated). Do you think I will have an initial breakout? How long do you think it will take to remove my clogged pores? I am also on the hunt for a new nighttime moisturizer.(NO SPF). I am interested in Paula's Choice.

Hi - I have been using Ziana consistently since my course ended last July. I didn't get an initial outbreak, but it should be said that Ziana contains a VERY low dose of retinoids and also clindamycin (which my derm told me would lessen the chance of a flare-up). Using differin with Retin-a seems like overkill, aren't they both a retinoid?

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 03/17/2015 5:55 pm

Hello friends,

Hi - I have been using Ziana consistently since my course ended last July. I didn't get an initial outbreak, but it should be said that Ziana contains a VERY low dose of retinoids and also clindamycin (which my derm told me would lessen the chance of a flare-up). Using differin with Retin-a seems like overkill, aren't they both a retinoid?

I'm actually just using differin sorry for the confusion!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/17/2015 5:59 pm

Hello friends,

No problem! I would say try using differin every few days, and slowly incorporate it in. That's how I used Ziana, and it really seemed to help. I had alot of little mileu and some left over comedones after my course and my derm recommended I try it, I say it has helped improve the texture of my skin in that respect.

MemberMember
(@cally123)

Posted : 03/17/2015 6:00 pm

Hello friends,

No problem! I would say try using differin every few days, and slowly incorporate it in. That's how I used Ziana, and it really seemed to help. I had alot of little mileu and some left over comedones after my course and my derm recommended I try it, I say it has helped improve the texture of my skin in that respect.

So start out like every other day?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/17/2015 6:06 pm

I'd even say try in every two days for a week and see how your skin responds first. Then move to every other day for a couple weeks, then every day. Definitely use moisturizer and SPF daily, of course. Your skin should still be pretty sensitive from your accutane course, so you want to treat it with kid gloves the first 6 months. I know my skin responded pretty quickly to most anything I put on it after accutane (that was NOT the case before my course), so I was extra careful with making any changes to my regimen.