Notifications
Clear all

Is This Hyperpigmintation Or A Scar? (Pics)

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/17/2015 8:54 am

So I've been on accutane for four months and while it has slowed down my breaking out, what I do have on my face has been slow to heal. Now, I understand that most of what is on my face is hyperpigmintation and that it will fade over time...however I was wondering about the right side of this pic. There is what is almost a V shape scar/pigmentation that has been there throughout my treatment in the exact same spot..now when I touch it it is smooth but it looks a little different then the spots normally left behind and the accutane seems to target it as when I wake up every morning, that particular spot is very dry.

I don't see my derm for another month so I was wondering if anybody here had any insight..thanks!

post-424999-0-09424500-1426600441.jpg

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/17/2015 9:32 am

You need to take a pic in harsh lighting. White fluorescnet or near a window with the sun coming in. That'll tell you all you need to know about any scars/texture issues.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/17/2015 9:40 am

You need to take a pic in harsh lighting. White fluorescnet or near a window with the sun coming in. That'll tell you all you need to know about any scars/texture issues.

How's this?

post-424999-0-00731700-1426603226.jpg

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/17/2015 10:01 am

That's hyperpigmentation, and the textured top layer is it healing. You look good. Your face is healing up well.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/17/2015 11:12 am

Sweet, thanks!

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/17/2015 11:35 pm

I have the same problem now. But i'm so sorry cus i think this is shallow. I used Dan's AHA for 3 days at night last week , and dont mix with the original lotion. After the first day, i realize all the tiny red marks on my face became shallow. I was shocked, but still use 100% aha lotion for more 2 nights. So stupid i am. Response me if you use Dan's AHA too. I've read a topic that they said the AHA cause them scars too. But definitely i just use it for 3 days! I may go mad. Bad feeling always in my mind. Last week i offically clear, and few days ago, all my effort was BROKEN DOWN. Someone please confirms that the topic owner's situation is exactly hyperpigmentation, not scars. And if I dont use AHA anymore, will the scar filled in by itself? I know i'm pessimist. So sorry for my very bad English. I'm an Asian. Who'll save my soul?

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/18/2015 10:38 am

I used coconut oil in one month and it clogged my pores. Then i turn into The Regimen, purging occurs in 3 or 4 weeks and i'm clear 99% last week, NO SCAR, now i go crazy because seeing shallow scars all over my face, i really cant understand. Before coconut oil, i have mild acne, never get any scar. And now, i'm so depressed. My situation is close to this topic BUT, except the scars between eyebrows, i also get tiny pitted at my jawlines. Just want to fall in sleep like dead. I always appreciate my skin like it's the best thing i have, never pick at it, and now, scars, that's all.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/18/2015 1:40 pm

I used coconut oil in one month and it clogged my pores. Then i turn into The Regimen, purging occurs in 3 or 4 weeks and i'm clear 99% last week, NO SCAR, now i go crazy because seeing shallow scars all over my face, i really cant understand. Before coconut oil, i have mild acne, never get any scar. And now, i'm so depressed. My situation is close to this topic

BUT, except the scars between eyebrows, i also get tiny pitted at my jawlines. Just want to fall in sleep like dead. I always appreciate my skin like it's the best thing i have, never pick at it, and now, scars, that's all.

it might be a tiny bit shallow of a scar, but one 12.5-15% TCA peel with 8-12 weeks healing and collagen growth will make a huge difference. The OP is on accutane though so theyd have to wait 6 months and i guarantee they'll see improvement. You need to down that aha amount. Use a lotion with like 10%. I didnt know people used 100% daily. It'll be okay, you'll get info here and there's no need to fret too much over shallow scars.

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/18/2015 8:07 pm

Do you know about Hyalyronic Acid? I ordered 1 lotion which have good amount of it. Many people point out that HA contribute to rebuild collgen deep in their skin and scar can be filled in. I dont know about TCA and OP. I'm new to this place. I dont use AHA lotion anymore, so scared.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/19/2015 7:41 am

Hyaluronic acid will lock in moisture and plump your skin up. Moisture is good for repair, but I don't know how effective it is for stimulating collagen regrowth. I've never used it personally, but I've read reviews for it recently. Most people seem to love it, but I feel like it'd be more useful for older individuals who are low on that acid naturally. It's produced naturally by our bodies, but the amount goes down as we age. Homemade vitamin c is likely by far the best topical. There's a ton of recipes on the internet too if you're ever interested. I like this person's recipe: http://www.oatmealwithafork.com/2013/09/06/homemade-vitamin-c-serum/

It's cheap with easy to follow instructions. You have to remake a batch every 3 days, 7 days at most. Vitamin c becomes ineffective once it's open and exposed, that's why it needs to be homemade and made so often. I think some really expensive brands have made it possible for it to be effective longer, but the cheaper pre-made vitamin c products wont be any good.

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/19/2015 9:16 am

Absolutely i dont have enough condition to make a homemade C serum version so i may order "OST C20", i found many good reviews about this stuff. In my country, the info about rebuilding collagen by using serum C is very limited. But I'll give it a chance, I'll ask my derm why do I always get keloid scars on my nose by getting cysts, so how I can get so much pitted scars all over my face. This the the very first time i got a big breakout (many small zits), just once in my life, and they give me scars, incredibly. I'm not dare facing myself :(. Again, sorry for my very bad English huhu.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/19/2015 1:39 pm

Are your scars icepick or boxcar? Your english is good actually. :)

post-437043-0-23466000-1426790104.jpg

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/19/2015 5:25 pm

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Are your scars icepick or boxcar? Your english is good actually. :)

BLEGH! why did you post this? now I'm convinced what I have is Atrophic...does atrophic need to be bumpy like that or could it be smooth?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/19/2015 6:08 pm

You have extremely shallow scarring on on various parts of your cheek. You have a lot of redness. Redness make scars look 10xs worse. You took a pic in harsh lighting with lots of redness and you still can tell you'll only be working on texture issues and mild scarring. Not many people come off accutane without scarring, and a lot have moderate/severe scars. Why not discuss scar treatment with your dermatologist? There are so many options for you and you're going to be fine.

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/19/2015 8:10 pm

I know you may say this is very shallow pitted scars and i dont have to worry much about this again. I got these photos from another post. I trust you when you said that redness makes scars look 10x worse. But even one scar make me go crazy, then i have all my redness become pitted scars, not only one :(. I have had these scars for 7days, i still hope that they will be filled in time after time. I'm taking a quite famous scar gel now and this afternoon i'm gonna see my derm. Taking some vitamins like C,E,A may speed up the healing approach.

Please check out this link: My situation now closes to this. Ughhh! UNBELIEVABLE. I only have very mild acne before??? Lost my mind.

post-457228-0-47352900-1426810880.jpg

post-457228-0-37525900-1426810917.jpg

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/19/2015 8:21 pm

Let us know what your dermatologist says. That looks like rolling and boxcar. Subcision might be an option that's not too pricey. Topicals alone wont be enough but I hope your dermatologists gives you some good treatments to consider.

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/19/2015 9:08 pm

Let me know if the serum C can help, even a little. Of course i'll tell you what my derm says. Hoping she 'll give me nice words.

MemberMember
(@applauseinstrumental)

Posted : 03/21/2015 3:18 am

Okay. My derm said that I overuse AHA and BHA so my skin peel off so harsh. And it will be recovered by itself. Do not apply anything on my face now, even moisturizer . Now i'm taking her prescription: Collagen, Enat400(vitE) and scar gel. I feel so much better now. Hoping for best result.

Kay24 liked