Notifications
Clear all

Really Sad

MemberMember
(@charlottejk)

Posted : 03/17/2015 1:50 am

I just started accutane 1 week ago and the IB is BAD. I knew that there would be an IB and I thought I could take it. I'm disgusted by my face when I look in the mirror. My face is really flaky now. When I put on make up, I look hideous. Before starting accutane, I still managed to cover my acne somehow. But now, I can't even. I don't know what to do now. I just want to stay in my room forever. I know I need to be strong and wait for accutane to work, but it's just depressing

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 03/17/2015 6:44 am

Moved to emotional and psychological effects of acne forum

Hang in there! Dealing with acne and going through initial breakouts when trying new medications or products can be really tough, I know. Hopefully the initial breakout starts to subside soon enough. I find keeping myself busy with other things (uni most often in my case) and taking some time to myself to do something that makes me feel good (going for a run, listening to music I like or watching some comedy clips on youtube) helps to keep my mind off my skin and makes me feel better.

I don't use accutane but have been dealing with some pretty flaky skin lately so I know what you mean about the makeup situation! I wish i had some advice on that front for you... Maybe check out the prescription meds forum, if you haven't already, to find other accutane threads or the accutane logs forum - might be helpful to read other people's experiences with accutane

Good luck with it all. Keep on keeping on

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/18/2015 2:11 pm

I am having an initial breakout from Yasmin right now, and I too thought I could handle it. Instead, ended up crying all day the other day, and am quite disgusted with my face. I have been avoiding the mirror. I keep telling myself this will pass. I forced myself to go out today and actually forgot about my face and had fun. Now I am back home and on here, thinking about my crap skin again. Make up doesn't cover my breakout, either. All we can do is push through it....and know that you are not alone in dealing with a bad breakout right now. I'm right here with you! :/

MemberMember
(@charlottejk)

Posted : 03/19/2015 3:37 am

Hey thank you so much! I will try. I'm just so scared of "what if" accutane doesn't work for me. I've tried every single method and accutane is my last resort.

Moved to emotional and psychological effects of acne forum

Hang in there! Dealing with acne and going through initial breakouts when trying new medications or products can be really tough, I know. Hopefully the initial breakout starts to subside soon enough. I find keeping myself busy with other things (uni most often in my case) and taking some time to myself to do something that makes me feel good (going for a run, listening to music I like or watching some comedy clips on youtube) helps to keep my mind off my skin and makes me feel better.

I don't use accutane but have been dealing with some pretty flaky skin lately so I know what you mean about the makeup situation! I wish i had some advice on that front for you... Maybe check out the prescription meds forum, if you haven't already, to find other accutane threads or the accutane logs forum - might be helpful to read other people's experiences with accutane

Good luck with it all. Keep on keeping on

I'm trying to avoid mirror but I can't. I'm checking my face like every minute just to make sure there's no new pimples on my face. Yeah makeup can cover the redness and some scars for me, but you can still see my really bad skin. Now I'm thinking, maybe accutane doesn't make people depressed, the initial breakout does. My face is already ugly enough to begin with and the initial breakout makes it 10x worse.

I am having an initial breakout from Yasmin right now, and I too thought I could handle it. Instead, ended up crying all day the other day, and am quite disgusted with my face. I have been avoiding the mirror. I keep telling myself this will pass. I forced myself to go out today and actually forgot about my face and had fun. Now I am back home and on here, thinking about my crap skin again. Make up doesn't cover my breakout, either. All we can do is push through it....and know that you are not alone in dealing with a bad breakout right now. I'm right here with you! :/

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/19/2015 9:41 am

I'm trying to avoid mirror but I can't. I'm checking my face like every minute just to make sure there's no new pimples on my face. Yeah makeup can cover the redness and some scars for me, but you can still see my really bad skin. Now I'm thinking, maybe accutane doesn't make people depressed, the initial breakout does. My face is already ugly enough to begin with and the initial breakout makes it 10x worse.

I've done constant mirror checks before and it gives me awful anxiety...plus it makes me want to pick and squeeze (I am a big time picker, I hate it) And I agree. I have never taken Accutane but I know depression can be a side effect, and I always thought to myself, well it's probably the acne causing the depression. Or, at least that is a big part of it. Hell, I am depressed over mine and I'm not taking Accutane, and seeing it get worse just makes me even more depressed. Anyway, we will get through this!! And I'm sure your face isn't ugly! I know acne can make you feel that way, I think my face is alright except for the zits and I don't even know how many times I say to myself "I hate my face!" in a day. It's exhausting feeling that way.

MemberMember
(@rlam)

Posted : 03/20/2015 6:56 pm

Hang in there Charlotte! I had really awful cystic acne all the way up until last month. I'm starting my 8th and final month of accutane and it's the best thing to ever happen to me, and it will be for you too. The IB is bad but so worth it! I'll attach a few pics of my face so you can see. God bless, you'll be in my prayers.

post-431720-0-57174500-1426895696_thumb.

post-431720-0-55051800-1426895717_thumb.

post-431720-0-70663500-1426895733_thumb.

post-431720-0-25089900-1426895754_thumb.

post-431720-0-87713000-1426895783_thumb.

MemberMember
(@charlottejk)

Posted : 03/25/2015 5:00 am

Hi there! Thank you so much! I'm happy for you! Hopefully I can have flawless face in a few months time. My IB is getting worse and worse so I went for cortisone injection today. I'm quite worried that it will leave scars when IB goes away.

Hang in there Charlotte! I had really awful cystic acne all the way up until last month. I'm starting my 8th and final month of accutane and it's the best thing to ever happen to me, and it will be for you too. The IB is bad but so worth it! I'll attach a few pics of my face so you can see. God bless, you'll be in my prayers.