Notifications
Clear all

I Think I Gave Myself Acne

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 03/16/2015 5:26 pm

4 Months ago my face was beautiful, 9/10 no acne and it glowed perfectly. Fast forward 4 months, and I have become a whole new person. My face went to from no acne to bad mild acne, the whole right side of my face looks nasty with red marks. scars, and bumps. I look completely different. Thats not the point though, the point is I think I gave myself acne.

4 months ago I noticed small little bumps, so tiny no one can even notice. But in my head I had to get rid of them. In doing so, I did many crazy things to my skin, used regular bar soap, even shampoo on it, washed my face with wipes, and put clearasil. The clearasil completely burned my flawless skin. No one in my family has ever had any problems with acne. in fact, everyones face is basically perfect. I think I may have given myself acne. Is this possible?

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/16/2015 5:48 pm

EXACTLY whay happened to me..literally exactly exactly exactly.

I had some tiny bumps on the side of my head and cheeks...freaked out, came to this website, listened to all the advice about putting all this different crap on my face and I got severe acne. Now I'm on accutane.

Good luck buddy

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 03/16/2015 6:08 pm

can you explain to me how it developed please. I hope It does not get severe. I really doubt it will as right now it is kind of mild.

EXACTLY whay happened to me..literally exactly exactly exactly.

I had some tiny bumps on the side of my head and cheeks...freaked out, came to this website, listened to all the advice about putting all this different crap on my face and I got severe acne. Now I'm on accutane.

Good luck buddy

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/16/2015 6:50 pm

I wanted to get red of these little bumps and people were telling me to use st ives exfoliating scrub...I used it for about two weeks and developed skin colored bumps all over my face...I freaked out and people on this site told me to use the rgimen...I used it and my skin started to break out with actual inflamed zits...then after asking around some more i was told to use tea tree oil...after all of this my face just blew up with severe acne...I stopped all the products for a two months but it just kept coming...so I went to the derm and got accutane perscribed...

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 03/16/2015 7:15 pm

I didn't use any "acne" medicine except Clearsil and that was one time, after it burned my skin I never used it again. In specific, all I did was wash it with bar soap a few times, shampoo once or twice, and baby wipes after playing basketball. Its been 4 months since I put anything on it. And it is getting worse but nothing too serious. No cysts or anything, just regular mild acne and whiteheads. Also have some blackheads but not too worried about them. Do you think it will progressively get severe? I havent applied anything else but moisturizer. How long did it take before you noticed it was getting severe? From when your skin was clear to when you would consider it "severe", how long was that? Thankyou for replying it means alot

I wanted to get red of these little bumps and people were telling me to use st ives exfoliating scrub...I used it for about two weeks and developed skin colored bumps all over my face...I freaked out and people on this site told me to use the rgimen...I used it and my skin started to break out with actual inflamed zits...then after asking around some more i was told to use tea tree oil...after all of this my face just blew up with severe acne...I stopped all the products for a two months but it just kept coming...so I went to the derm and got accutane perscribed...

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 03/16/2015 7:26 pm

If your concerned, I would just go to a derm and have them check you out...it's the smartest move, I know exactly where your at right now in terms of concern and looking for somebody whose had the same experience but everybody is different and reacts differntly...id go to a doc.

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 03/16/2015 8:20 pm

I went to the doctor and he just described it as a very mild acne, he prescribed BP but i didnt use it as im trying to let it heal naturally. Im only 17 so hopefully its just hormones acting up and will go away within the next few months.

If your concerned, I would just go to a derm and have them check you out...it's the smartest move, I know exactly where your at right now in terms of concern and looking for somebody whose had the same experience but everybody is different and reacts differntly...id go to a doc.

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/16/2015 9:54 pm

I don't think you can give yourself acne like that, at least I choose to believe that. I think what you were trying to treat was just the beginning and you would have gotten to where you are now with your skin whether you used all those products initially or not. If you gave yourself acne by using those products, logic would say that once you stopped all those things, your acne would go away. It makes me feel better to think of it that way because I did the same thing, and I strongly believe what I was trying to treat was just the beginning and I have an underlying hormonal problem.

MemberMember
(@jamesballer)

Posted : 03/17/2015 3:10 pm

I don't think you can give yourself acne like that, at least I choose to believe that. I think what you were trying to treat was just the beginning and you would have gotten to where you are now with your skin whether you used all those products initially or not. If you gave yourself acne by using those products, logic would say that once you stopped all those things, your acne would go away. It makes me feel better to think of it that way because I did the same thing, and I strongly believe what I was trying to treat was just the beginning and I have an underlying hormonal problem.

Were you completely clear before? How long was it before it got really bad? How old were you when you started applying things? Sorry just trying to compare my situation.

MemberMember
(@cicibabygirl)

Posted : 03/17/2015 7:33 pm

Yes I was completely clear except for the occasional pimple during my period. I was clear for probably a year. It only took about two months before it got bad and is just progressively getting worse. Well, when I first started applying things to my skin for acne, I was probably about 13? I had little pimples before but after my surgery to remove my appendix, my acne journey really took off. I struggled with acne all through my teens until I was about 21, then I went off birth control and started using the regimen, and I became clear. I just turned 23 and my acne is back, but I think its an internal problem I need to figure out, not external. Anyway, it started with small bumps on my chin and now I have inflamed acne around my mouth, temples and jawline.

Wow, I can't believe its been 10 years with acne. They should stop lying to kids in health class, acne rarely goes away after your teens :(

MemberMember
(@azarsega)

Posted : 03/17/2015 10:31 pm

sounds like over-exfoliation + many chemicals on your face = skin irritation/pimples

I experienced the same thing!

I had one or two pimples and i would pop them and go on my day to day life

when i got this huge pimple on my chin I started to look up what could permanently stop these things....and here i go into acne cream central...I tried AHA, BHA, BP, many scrubs....all throughout the year (i gave each new treatment a good measure of time to adjust to my skin...some progress but the acne never went away)....

i stopped any kind of acne treatment cream/exfoliators two weeks ago, and trust and believe my face is actually calming down and getting better and better.

I think i just irritated my face with so much gunk...i thought it was that purge thing....but i guess my face was telling to stop putting stuff on it, and so i did.

so all in all...maybe give your face a break from your acne treatments