Notifications
Clear all

Embarassing Acne Moments

MemberMember
(@california90)

Posted : 03/16/2015 3:08 pm

I was reading some of your guys' other posts about this topic and I wanted to talk about my own embarassing moments because I've had plenty. And id like to share them with people who can understand and relate. I remember I used to go to church when I was 15. My church had about 120 members we congregated twice a week. I promise you more than half of my church told me something about my acne. The usual dumb questions. Do you wash your face? What do you wash your face with? Little kids asking me why I had spots. Others blaming my parents for not buying me the right products. Others trying to sell me mary Kay products they swore would fix my face. I hated going. I would cry as I got ready for church. I would look in the mirror before I left my house and just cry. My dad telling me I was still the most beautiful girl. I don't go to church anymore. I also remember working as a cashier and customers asking me why my face was so red. Feeling everyone's eyes on me I just wanted to disappear. I quit. And going to school knowing huge spots on my face were just staring at everyone. Id just look down and try not to make eye contact. Canceling dates because I was too self conscious. Not going out with my friends cus I just felt so ugly. Taking pictures with my friends or family and looking at the pictures and just wanting to crawl in a hole and die. Yeah acne can really ruin a person

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 03/16/2015 3:39 pm

I was reading some of your guys' other posts about this topic and I wanted to talk about my own embarassing moments because I've had plenty. And id like to share them with people who can understand and relate. I remember I used to go to church when I was 15. My church had about 120 members we congregated twice a week. I promise you more than half of my church told me something about my acne. The usual dumb questions. Do you wash your face? What do you wash your face with? Little kids asking me why I had spots. Others blaming my parents for not buying me the right products. Others trying to sell me mary Kay products they swore would fix my face. I hated going. I would cry as I got ready for church. I would look in the mirror before I left my house and just cry. My dad telling me I was still the most beautiful girl. I don't go to church anymore. I also remember working as a cashier and customers asking me why my face was so red. Feeling everyone's eyes on me I just wanted to disappear. I quit. And going to school knowing huge spots on my face were just staring at everyone. Id just look down and try not to make eye contact. Canceling dates because I was too self conscious. Not going out with my friends cus I just felt so ugly. Taking pictures with my friends or family and looking at the pictures and just wanting to crawl in a hole and die. Yeah acne can really ruin a person

That people have faith doesn't mean they are social. The psychopaths are everywhere. We have all met them. I am not one of them though. They clearly got to you, but you should not give up. You should find people who are nice to you regardless of the state of your skin.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/16/2015 4:24 pm

I'm sorry you went through all that. It's humiliating and you didn't deserve that kind of treatment. These people want to feel better about themselves. That's not just a BS thing to say to make people feel better, it's true.

Cassandra Bankson, who's a well-known acne suffering youtuber, did a camo confession ad for dermablend. She said when her grandfather, who she was very close with, was dying someone told her that it was a good thing he was going to die because he'd never have to look at her face again. That's probably the worst thing I've heard. Acne really helps you weed out awful people from your life, that's for sure.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/18/2015 2:26 pm

I'm sorry you went through all that. It's humiliating and you didn't deserve that kind of treatment. These people want to feel better about themselves. That's not just a BS thing to say to make people feel better, it's true.

Cassandra Bankson, who's a well-known acne suffering youtuber, did a camo confession ad for dermablend. She said when her grandfather, who she was very close with, was dying someone told her that it was a good thing he was going to die because he'd never have to look at her face again. That's probably the worst thing I've heard. Acne really helps you weed out awful people from your life, that's for sure.

Oh my God, I never saw that, that's terrible :( I love Cassandra and her videos and can't imagine why someone would say something to hurt her like that.

Right off the top of my head, an embarrassing acne moment was when I was in middle school, some douche bag guy said he was going to draw me (no he wasn't an artist, just an asshole). I knew right away he would draw me with zits, and he did. I wanted to crawl under a rock and hide the rest of the day.

Another horrible one was this guy in high school. He claimed that he liked me and even asked me to be his girlfriend 3 times. I turned him down every time. Why? Because he was always comparing me to my skinnier, prettier friend. I only weighed 123lbs, but he knew I wanted to lose weight and for some reason thought it would be good to put me down for not being skinnier. Not only that, I had a bad pimple once that I attempted to cover with make up, and he pointed it out in front of everyone. He pointed out the zit, AND the fact that I had concealer on. It was awful. I could never in a million years go for a guy like that. Meanwhile, my high school boyfriend I got with later on had acne and I was crazy about him and didn't care at all. He turned out to be a cheating dick, but my point is, personality means more than looks. He was great until he wasn't, and his skin made no difference to me.

Now that I am older I don't really get people making fun of me, but I remember bad moments in school that acne caused me.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@m639844)

Posted : 05/25/2015 5:14 am

I remember going to a party in high school and meeting up with a guy who really liked me. When I got there his ex was at the same party. She found out he had been talking to me and at one point during the party, a few of us where outside including the guy. We were all talking and then the ex girlfriend came out of the house and started yelling at him and while walking away yelled "have fun with zit covered covered girl"

I was so embarrassed. I mean I am a make up artist and I can pretty much cover everything up but sometimes it's hard when they're big And it's a bump/cyst.

I still think about that day and how embarrasing it was.