Notifications
Clear all

A Real Difference Maker Possibly

MemberMember
(@enoughisenough29)

Posted : 03/16/2015 5:42 am

Something other than accutane which targets the source and it might be out in a year! http://dermira.com/pipeline/drm01/

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/16/2015 1:01 pm

Can I point out that this is the mechanism of action of Vitamin B5. This has been studied and proven effective and safe, but is not well known outside of Hong Kong and asia where the studies were originally published.

MemberMember
(@enoughisenough29)

Posted : 03/17/2015 1:48 am

Can I point out that this is the mechanism of action of Vitamin B5. This has been studied and proven effective and safe, but is not well known outside of Hong Kong and asia where the studies were originally published.

With all due respect i feel this is far more substantial. I did the b5 route many years ago. This is a topical which is the first of its kind to change sebum production without the need to go on accutane or overdose on b5 . The latter of which is mediocre results wise

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/17/2015 2:30 am

I think it's interesting and thank you for sharing it. If it works for people who need it and is safe I'm all for it.

I did just want to point out that B5 can be used topically as well..... and the Modified Protocol for B5 involves about 1/3 of the dose originally recognised in addition to an aminoacid L-carnetine. These greatly inhance CoenzymeA production. This medication, actually, seems to increase the concentration of Coenzyme A by blocking the break down of Coenzyme A, rather than enhancing production. So it is a slightly different mechanism.

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 03/17/2015 10:44 am

With all due respect i feel this is far more substantial. I did the b5 route many years ago. This is a topical which is the first of its kind to change sebum production without the need to go on accutane or overdose on b5 . The latter of which is mediocre results wise

All B-Vitamins are water-soluble so I don't see how you can overdose it. I've heard of people taking 10g/daily without side effects

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/17/2015 11:36 am

This is true, but overdose is possible with some B-Vitamins - or atleast dose related toxicity. B5 is well tolerated generally up to about 10grams per day, and initial side effects are usually only minor GI disturbances.