Notifications
Clear all

General Questions. Need Help

MemberMember
(@irbullet)

Posted : 03/16/2015 3:13 am

Well, I've asked in other places and I've gotten no help AT ALL. So I'm looking for some answers from people here at acne.org.

Question / questions:

What I am planning on using is:

AM:

• CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

• Stridex Red

• Moisturizer

PM:

• CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

• Atralin (tretinoin) 0.05%

• Moisturizer

Is this alright? Do I NEED benzoyl peroxide in the morning or should the Atralin + stridex be enough? I don't want to over irritate it. I read to not use benzoyl peroxide with tretinoin.

I have another question as well: How much Atralin (tretinoin) 0.05% do I need to apply to my face? Just a tad bit all over face or do I need to have a decent amount all over my face? I can't find good answers to my questions.

The most important question is the benzoyl peroxide question, and if what I am planning on using is ok.

I'm at a standstill because I cannot get the answers I need.

Thank you all! I appreciate the help.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer10)

Posted : 03/16/2015 1:04 pm

Benzole Peroxide has a few different mechanisms of action which are helpful for acne, but it is really irritating, particularly on sensitive skin. Using Benzole Peroxide once per day only is completely fine and, if it is the face wash version, I would just run the shower, put it on the face, wait one minute, and wash it off the first time. Slowly build up the amount of time you are using it as the days and weeks go by. Benzole peroxide is really important if you are using antibiotics, as it seems to stop the bugs being able to become resistant to the antibiotics.

Go easy on the atralin cream at first.