Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Suggestions

MemberMember
(@akrista)

Posted : 03/14/2015 9:21 pm

I have been on 100mg of Spironolactone daily and Tazorac topical cream once a day for maybe 3 months now. Since starting Spironolactone my skin has been incredibly dry. I have been using CeraVe Hydrating Cleaner, Garnier Nourishing Cleansing oil, and CeraVe PM both morning and night in an attempt to help my dry skin but it has not really helped! I have also tried Simple Moisturizing Cleanser, Burt's Bees intense hydration lotion, Cetaphil moisturizing cream, and coconut oil but nothing has helped my dry skin. I really do not know what to do and when I mentioned it to my dermatologist he said that everyone has their own preferences when it comes to moisturizers so he cannot really suggest one (such a big help). Does anyone have any suggestions to help my dry skin? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@l9germaine)

Posted : 03/15/2015 10:53 am

Hi! I'm using "Eau Thermale Avene Clean-Ac Cream".. I know, fancy name.. its actually from the drugstore, it is a little pricy at $28 for a small tube but it is specially designed for those take acne medication and it has truly been the best moisturizer I have used. I'm taking Accutane so I have had VERY dry skin. I was using Cetaphil moisturizer for the longest time but my skin needed something more! I do highly recommend it!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/15/2015 12:06 pm

Have you tried jojoba oil? You can order it from this site or get it from a health food store. You can just apply it to the really dry areas or add it to your regular moisturizer and I have found that it really helps.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@billyborden)

Posted : 03/21/2015 2:46 am

Don't do too many things for that just use the JoJoba Oil. It is good for the health and it really works well in this situtation.

MemberMember
(@karmen92)

Posted : 04/11/2015 3:32 am

hi, I am using clinique anti-blemish moisturizer, it very work for me.

MemberMember
(@christyf)

Posted : 05/04/2015 7:09 pm

Hi Akrista,

My skin is also very sensitive and dry before. But according to your situation, I hope my view might help you:

Day time:
1. After clean your face
2. Rosewater mist your face (Sukin mist, very gentle)
3. Sukin facial treatment oil (very very nourish for your skin, this is a must for everyday, if day time, maybe use 3-5 drops, if night time, I use 10 drops, and sleep in with it, wake up with beautiful skin)
4. Dr Lewinns R4 cream (really really good)

Night time:
1. After clean your face
2. Rosewater mist your face (Sukin mist, very gentle)
3. Sukin facial treatment oil (very very nourish for your skin, this is a must for everyday, if day time, maybe use 3-5 drops, if night time, I use 10 drops, and sleep in with it, wake up with beautiful skin)
4. Royal Nectar Bee Venom mask (the best best mask I've used)

If you got chance to try them, please let me know your thoughts about them. :) My skin condition has improved soooo much after I adopt to this new routine. Hope yours get better soon.

I have been on 100mg of Spironolactone daily and Tazorac topical cream once a day for maybe 3 months now. Since starting Spironolactone my skin has been incredibly dry. I have been using CeraVe Hydrating Cleaner, Garnier Nourishing Cleansing oil, and CeraVe PM both morning and night in an attempt to help my dry skin but it has not really helped! I have also tried Simple Moisturizing Cleanser, Burt's Bees intense hydration lotion, Cetaphil moisturizing cream, and coconut oil but nothing has helped my dry skin. I really do not know what to do and when I mentioned it to my dermatologist he said that everyone has their own preferences when it comes to moisturizers so he cannot really suggest one (such a big help). Does anyone have any suggestions to help my dry skin? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@lna11)

Posted : 07/02/2015 11:46 am

I would agree with those who have talked about the JoJoba Oil. It works great on my skin! I hope you find something!