Notifications
Clear all

What's Wrong With The Website?

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 03/13/2015 11:10 pm

Hi I just want to know if im the only one who can't access the forums, the forums page loads so slow and it doesn't load everything. The acne.org website works fine but forums no, anyone know when it'll be fixed?

Kay24 and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/14/2015 7:26 am

Yes, I also experienced the same thing and thought it was just my Internet connection or web browser! Looks like everything's back up and running now. Sorry for the interruption and inconvenience!

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/14/2015 8:17 am

It's still very slow for me and loading weird. I knew it had to be the site because it happens on my PC and on my phone. I can still read everything but it's soooo slow and the page doesn't look how it's supposed to when it does load :(

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/14/2015 1:46 pm

It's like that for me too.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@taylorc)

Posted : 03/14/2015 2:08 pm

me too! its horrible!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@dubya_b)

Posted : 03/14/2015 2:18 pm

I'm getting "Bad TCP" errors after being redirected to Amazon Cloudfront servers when trying to view the forums.The forum page layouts are all screwed-up also.I'm able to connect through a proxy with no problems though.Noticed 3 of us complaining about this problem are from the NorthEast US. Maybe it's a region-specific problem?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 03/14/2015 5:25 pm

Well glad I'm not the only one, it still is not working this morning. Hrm :/ The acne.org website and the store works fine but the forums doesn't work.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/14/2015 6:03 pm

I contacted Dan. He said he received an alert that the system is running very slow due to high volume and he extends his deepest apologies for any inconvenience. He contacted tech support and I saw they were working on the problem earlier. If it helps, I switched my browser to Google Chrome and am not having any problems. Late last night when I was having trouble, I couldn't get past the home page and like many of you are reporting, the page wasn't loading properly, the home page was messed up, etc. When I saw things were running again I assumed things were running for everyone but I see from the number of reports that that still is not the case. I'm also from northeast USA so yeah, that could be a factor. Anyone having trouble who isn't from northeast USA?

MemberMember
(@hilssssa)

Posted : 03/15/2015 12:02 am

I'm from Texas and having the same issue.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/15/2015 7:42 am

I use google chrome on my phone and have this issue, but use firefox on my pc. Will try chrome on my pc...I am from the Pittsburgh area too btw (Irwin). The only trouble I have posting here is it takes forever.

tried Chrome on my PC and still have the same issues :( Sigh!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 03/15/2015 6:48 pm

Yep still not working this morning :(

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@pinkberry)

Posted : 03/15/2015 8:05 pm

It's 9pm Sunday east coast time and it's still a problem.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 03/16/2015 2:22 am

So is there any idea when it'll be fixed? I really want to use the website :/

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/16/2015 8:02 am

Messed up for me, too, guys! If possible try switching browsers. I was doing fine all weekend with Google Chrome and now I am at work and all we have here is Internet Explorer and now things are back to being all messed up. I'm amazed any of us can even reply! Here's a screen shot of what I am seeing:

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/16/2015 8:25 am

Oh wow...I refreshed and now everything looks normal as of 9:32 AM Eastern US time!!

Anyone still having problems as of now???

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 03/16/2015 8:52 am

I live in Michigan and experienced the issue all weekend through Sunday night. It's now 9:40AM Mon and everything seems to look normal.

I spoke too soon. The display keeps flip flopping between normal and error state. Refresh response time is so slow the site is unusable. Time to go do something else.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/16/2015 9:32 am

I'm from the northeast. I switched to chrome on my PC and the forum finally loads at a normal pace but the layout is still really messed up. Glad I can at least get on the site now though.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/16/2015 9:51 am

Torquemonster: I also spoke too soon. Things were working finally earlier but I also experienced periods of abnormal access where things weren't loading properly since then. Working for the moment for me though.

Kay24: I had no problems all weekend while using Google Chrome but at work & using Internet Explorer so my access has been intermittent at best.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/16/2015 11:46 am

The website looks off to me too. I can barely use it at all. It has been several day for me now. I've tried several different browsers and no luck.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/16/2015 12:20 pm

Hi - I am using google chrome at work, Firefox at home, and safari on my phone, all is a no-go. I tried logging off the site, clearing my cookies and history, still no-go. I hope it is fixed soon!

DeLovely liked
Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 03/16/2015 1:20 pm

Hey guys. So sorry for all of this. We had some issues with our server but hopefully things should be up and working now. Things might be slightly slower for you for a day or two, but we're working on not only fixing the glitches we were experiencing, but making everything more robust and faster while we're at it...stay tuned.

Garrettryan, Melloman, Kay24 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/16/2015 1:53 pm

Thanks Dan!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/17/2015 7:47 am

Very cool...sounds great!! Thanks for the update, Dan. :)

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 03/17/2015 3:37 pm

Ok, things should be up and running well again all over the site. Plus, things should be faster now. I'm curious to hear if they seem faster for you guys.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/17/2015 10:43 pm

It definitely is, and on any browser. Glad it's back up. I've made so many posts today because navigating the site has been so fast and easy lol. Thank you.