Notifications
Clear all

Best Oil Control/mattifying Moisturiser

MemberMember
(@mckenna2202)

Posted : 03/13/2015 4:03 am

Hey,

I am wondering what is the best mattifying/oil control moisturiser that can be found in the UK? I have an oily tzone, but dry cheeks, so I want something that actually moisturises but controls my oily tzone to keep it matte.

Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/13/2015 10:17 am

This stuff is really good

http://amieskincare.com/buy-online/shine-control-moisturiser/

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 03/22/2015 3:43 pm

Sadly I've never really came across any sort of matifying moisturizer I can use on it's own... I just find that they never moisturize enough for me. I'm currently using Cliniderm's Soothing Lotion and it works well to moisturize my skin without leaving any sort of shine on my face, it's not a matifying moisturizer though. I usually just stick to using blotting paper to control oil on the parts of my face that produce more of it (forehead, nose and chin) in the summer I also use a matifying primer though, they help a bit.

Maybe if you're the same way and just certain parts of your face get oily (T zone area) you could try just using some sort of matifying product on that area? I could see using a matifying moisturizer all over your face as not providing enough moisture to the parts that need more.

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 03/24/2015 3:19 pm

Unfortunately, I've never found a mattifying product that worked well as a moisturizer. The only thing that helped to balance my skin and not produce a lot of oil was quitting drinking alcohol and drinking tons of water... I just keep tissues with me for the occasional blotting and go about my business... :)