Moderate Persistant...

Notifications
Clear all

Moderate Persistant Acne For Years Looking To Start Accutane

MemberMember
(@bl0nde)

Posted : 03/12/2015 6:03 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am brand new to this site. I am 26 years old and looking to finally start accutane. I've had somewhat moderate acne since I was about 12 that has come and gone. I've done several courses of tetracycline which always worked great, but the acne always came back. I am very anxious to start accutane but my doctor won't prescribe until I can choose a birth control method. Just wondering what method most people on here prefer? I've been on the pill several times and every single one caused extreme spotting and irregular bleeding. I also have a family history of breast cancer so I was thinking the hormone free iud may be best for me. Any advice or tips or similar situations would be very helpful.

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@yuki4)

Posted : 03/24/2015 9:34 pm

Hey there. I myself started accutane just recently. Personally, I've never had a problem with bc pills, so I'm using those as well as condoms for my two forms of bc. I also like bc pills because they can offer skin clearing benefits as well. As for you, I feel like you would be the perfect candidate for an iud. There are also cervical caps and so on.