Notifications
Clear all

Help! How Can I Deal With The Blackheads On My Cheeks And Nose? They Keep On Spreading Out!

MemberMember
(@tracyyy)

Posted : 03/12/2015 8:18 am

I having been taking tetralysal for 3 months now to control my acne. At the same time, I have been using Duac (containing clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) and applying it to all the areas where I have acne and blackheads. However, my blackheads are getting worse and worse. My nose has been always oily but I have more blackheads than ever before. I also used to have clean cheeks. I have a few blackheads on my cheeks when I started meditation and they are slowing spreading out. I did gently squeeze them out at first but not now. My friend had taken tetralysal before and he told me his blackheads gradually reduced. I really don't want my cheeks to be covered by them! What can I do? Should I stop applying Duac to the blackheads? What can I do with them? I really feel so desperate because my nose and cheeks are very dirty right now and I can do nothing about it It's already three months and I am not seeing any improvement but worsening of the problem:( How can I at least stop the spreading of blackheads on my cheeks? (My cheeks aren't oily and I frequently change my towel and pillow case) Thanks!

MemberMember
(@tracyyy)

Posted : 03/27/2015 10:43 pm

please anyone here? :(

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 03/31/2015 12:44 pm

Have you tried Glycolic Acid? 10% seems to work pretty good for blackheads. I also really like Aztec Indian Healing Clay. It's the best mask for blackheads. I also use apple cider vinegar diluted with water and use it as a toner. Seems to help. I know using all these harsh products disrupts the ph of your skin which acv corrects.

MemberMember
(@denizen-of-hell)

Posted : 06/29/2017 9:02 am

I have clear skin, for the most part. However, after touching my face in two spots one day, I cultivated clusters of blackheads & whiteheads on my inner cheek closer towards my mouth and nose. I began to use Benzole Peroxide, which works to kills the bacteria in your pores fast! The only thing is, it only helps to kill the bacteria, it doesn't help remove or dissolve the blackhead and a common side effect of BP is it may swell the blemishes before it helps it to repair.

Tea tree oil is another common acne-fighting substance as it helps kill various forms of bacteria that BP can't tackle. Tea tree oil, however, still doesn't help with black/white heads either.
Salicylic acid is something people see in a lot of products along with Benzole. The difference between the two is that while Salicylic acid also helps to kill the acne-causing bacteria similar to BP, it actually helps to unbind the "glue" that holds your skin cells together. Thus, it breaks up the grime and filth attached to your follicles and helps to turn over skin to reveal clearer skin, eventually.

You must watch what kind of product you use however. The safest percentages you'll find will be between 0.5 and 2% salicylic acid. Also, the only way the BHA is effective is if it's placed in a foundation that has a lower PH as this is when the acid is most active.

While I still have this condition, I've found great success using the following DIY attempts:

1. Lime or Lemons +
2. Brown Sugar +
3. Baking Soda
- Limes and Lemons both contain the same properties. They work as astringents, so they help to close your pores, which, in turn, also helps to push out nasty black/white heads. The acid from this citrus also helps to repair hyper-pigmentation from post-acne marks/scars.
- Brown Sugar introduces glycolic acid to the mix. As an AHA, glycolic acid helps to shed dead skin cells while it exfoliates andit helps skincells to turn over faster. Although, it does attract the negative UVA-B rays from the sun so make sure to use it at night and wear sunscreen in the AM.
- Baking Soda is another exfoliating agent. It also contains skin "brightening" properties, which also helps with hyper-pigmentation. It actually works wonders for blackheads as it knocks the dirty-looking black covering down a few notches.

I also try a bentonite mask. Which does nothing for blackheads but it does assist in keeping your pores clean.
Lastly, ASPIRIN. Crush some Aspirin pills in a bowl with the tiniest bit of warm water and place the paste on your blemishes for either 2 hours or overnight. Aspirin in Salicylic acid!

I recently purchased Exposed Skin Care's Deep Pore Serum with 1% salicylic acid. Have not received it yet but I hope it works as I plan to clear these out in 3 weeks before my getaway.

I hope this helps.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/29/2017 7:27 pm

Try also adjusting your diet,blackheads are trapped oil and dirt,its brought on from inflamation and might be triggered by your diet.
:)