Notifications
Clear all

13 Months On Accutane Serious Advice (Very Suicidal Still) Should I Stay On It?

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 03/12/2015 5:21 am

Hello please read i'll try make this short and sweet, I have alot of personal problems aslong with acne i need to take care of im waiting for me to finish this here's the thing

Also what does acctuane acutally help? is it only active acne? i have been on 40 mg for probably 8 months then went to 60mg for lets say 4 months around there, And all active acne is gone and has been gone for pretty much since i started, whats rest is scars redness and on my ride side about 6-8 raised acne, heres the thing i HAD raised acne on my left side but its %99 all good thats why i want to stay on it for my right side, But does acctuane help that?!? or will it be better to go of it and let my skin heal how it should! I get probably 1 pimple every couple months maybe 2-3 pretty rare compared to what i use to.

i've been on accutane since feb 2014, so its been around 13 months, On my left side its pretty much all flat just redness/scaring i can't really complain to much i hate it but hopefully it settles down after im off it, But my right site there all still raised/inflamed and this is killing me over the last 3~ish months i reckon the raised acne has gone down about a whole 1mm its not noticable to anyone else only to me as i look at it so much

the redness has probably settle down over 3~ ish months but honestly i dont know what to do nothing is really happen and to me this seems like its doing more harm then good any little pimple gets scared on this, and healing process is so much longer

I need serious help should i stay on accutane or go of it? i dont think its doing MUCH yes its slowly going down but 3 months and it's still pretty much the same maybe 0.5 - 1mm down on my raised acne i dont know if its worth staying on it, im still very sudcial and have not felt happy for nearly 2 years, my acne it self is not to bad its helped alot but there is alot of redness sometimes just by eating something etc because of this drug its sets me of and i get extremly sudcial very easy, i could talk all day but i dont want to say to much or will take ever for read btw i am on 60 MG a day the last 3ish months maybe more

LONG STORY SHORT FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO READ

13 months on accutane, last 3 months i have still very very little improvement, 13 months still very suicidal 60 MG a day, i don't know if its worth staying on accutane if so what for? DOES accutane help raised acne? I believe not? so why should i stay on acctuane PS : I might try upload some pictures i need some serious help, Even if someone can contact me via private messege i really need some help, I'm sick of all this axienty not being able to live, Every day waking up hating life. Thank you

PS : i am dsyclix and have a hard time explanning and spelling and with grammer please dont come here to troll i try my best, thanks.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 03/12/2015 10:11 am

if you are suicidal, I'd say GET OFF...not sure what you weigh but you've got a massive cumulative dose.

Your active acne is gone, that is what Accutane does....it will not take the scars and hyperpigmentation away, if that is what you mean by raised acne...those may be keloids and once you are off Accutane for a period of time, likely ~6 months you can discuss scar remodeling.

Are you seeing a derm? I can't believe they haven't taken you off since your active acne is gone....that IS SUCCESS...scars are another matter.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/12/2015 3:20 pm

13 months is alot dependign on your dose

your derm should take you off it ...by now

speack to your derm ....if you're self medicating ...go to a derm now ....you can hurt your body and mind ...if you take more than you should

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 03/12/2015 5:23 pm

if you are suicidal, I'd say GET OFF...not sure what you weigh but you've got a massive cumulative dose.

Your active acne is gone, that is what Accutane does....it will not take the scars and hyperpigmentation away, if that is what you mean by raised acne...those may be keloids and once you are off Accutane for a period of time, likely ~6 months you can discuss scar remodeling.

Are you seeing a derm? I can't believe they haven't taken you off since your active acne is gone....that IS SUCCESS...scars are another matter.

That's what i came here for help he is a little asian guy and seems VERY money hungry he does not even really talk about it just goes Ohhh white blood count up and down thats about it acne still there cya next time $100 in his pocket, Yeah the active acne has been gone for a long time now, The right side yeah active acne is excatlly that right? Would still have all puss in them so on? There just all redness/scars and raised on one side

I just looked up keloids i don't think that's them they just seem to me to be inflammed a bit for some reason i had them on nearly every pimple ONLY when i went on accutane it did this i believe but it stopped the active acne so, so be it.

I might upload some pictures i don't want to be on this any longer then i have to thanks

13 months is alot dependign on your dose

your derm should take you off it ...by now

speack to your derm ....if you're self medicating ...go to a derm now ....you can hurt your body and mind ...if you take more than you should

Yeah my derm is pretty unhelpfull im thinking of changing derms and see'ing what he has to say.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/12/2015 5:27 pm

Come on man ...u should have done ur research ....40mg for 8 months and 60 mg for 4 months ....thats like taking 20 mg for more that 2 years ....

of course it all depends in ur weight ....so unless you're treating an elaphanet for acne ....i say you had more than enough of accutane

you should see another derm as fast as possible

Adeel2111 liked
MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 03/12/2015 6:01 pm

Come on man ...u should have done ur research ....40mg for 8 months and 60 mg for 4 months ....thats like taking 20 mg for more that 2 years ....

of course it all depends in ur weight ....so unless you're treating an elaphanet for acne ....i say you had more than enough of accutane

I think i started at 20mg for 2 weeks, So it was one a day but yeah i'm pretty sure that's right, I was taking 2 Red tablets so that's 40mg which i took that for atleast 6+ months, Now i think back okay it was not 4 months 60mg because i remeber about let's just say for around 2 months, I was on 40/60/40/60, Then he took me to 60.

I rememeber it now but by what people are saying thats way to much as it is, The back pain and neck pain all this, I think its time to get of this drug and let me skin heal normally Would anyway honestly be able to help if i upload pictures? so you can get an idea i think im going to be see'ing another derm thanks!

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/12/2015 7:39 pm

I think i started at 20mg for 2 weeks, So it was one a day but yeah i'm pretty sure that's right, I was taking 2 Red tablets so that's 40mg which i took that for atleast 6+ months, Now i think back okay it was not 4 months 60mg because i remeber about let's just say for around 2 months, I was on 40/60/40/60, Then he took me to 60.

I rememeber it now but by what people are saying thats way to much as it is, The back pain and neck pain all this, I think its time to get of this drug and let me skin heal normally Would anyway honestly be able to help if i upload pictures? so you can get an idea i think im going to be see'ing another derm thanks!

you should know for sure how much you took and inform your new derm ....he'll tell you what to do

its better than to rely on people from the net

also do ur own research ....accutane is very serious and can harm ur body

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 03/12/2015 8:37 pm

you should know for sure how much you took and inform your new derm ....he'll tell you what to do

I'll try my best, All derm's are the same though there all after the money i think i might just go back to my derm and tell him i want to get off it

Im only around 60 KG maybe even 55 - 60KG around there i was either going to go to 80mg for 1 month or completey of it, What is the point of staying on this? Literally NOTHING is happening being on this its slowly getting smaller on the raised but that will happen of the accutane im seeing no point of staying on this any longer

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 03/13/2015 4:54 am

I'll try my best, All derm's are the same though there all after the money i think i might just go back to my derm and tell him i want to get off it

Im only around 60 KG maybe even 55 - 60KG around there i was either going to go to 80mg for 1 month or completey of it, What is the point of staying on this? Literally NOTHING is happening being on this its slowly getting smaller on the raised but that will happen of the accutane im seeing no point of staying on this any longer

im about ur same weight ....i really think u should not go to ur old derm .....any doctor that keeps his patient for a year on high dose is no good

you should see a new one ....someone who people recommand .....dont do what you want ....always do ur research and listen to what a good doctor say

acuutane is not a drug you can get on and off when ever you feel like it....dont play with ur health or u'll regret it