Notifications
Clear all

Can I Start Accutane Right Away?

MemberMember
(@soxfan13)

Posted : 03/11/2015 4:58 pm

Just wondering if there is a waiting period before you can actually start to take it? Im a male

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/11/2015 5:18 pm

If you are asking as someone in the US, I believe that you can - yes. I am not sure if you need to get blood tests first. But as far as I know, there is no waiting period for males.

MemberMember
(@bl0nde)

Posted : 03/12/2015 6:07 pm

I believe you have to do a couple blood tests first and go on birth control if you are a sexually active female

MemberMember
(@cshock1)

Posted : 03/17/2015 6:45 pm

For us guys l, it's just one blood test first and then you're good. My doctor gave me mine the day I had my blood tested. She even let's me skip some blood tests if my tests comes back normal twice in a row.

MemberMember
(@kwrhl)

Posted : 03/22/2015 7:57 am

Yes, but i think it depends where you live. I live in the Philippines.

Went to my derm last Feb 12, told her I want to get on accutane. (She agreed because I have mild to moderate acne on face, chest, and back) and gave me blood test prescription

Feb 13 - Get my blood test, and got it the same day. (I got it the same day, but my derm's office was closed in that time)

So I went to my derm Last Feb 14, Gave her the blood test - and boom! I am on accutane 10mg a day for 2 weeks, and 20mg until then. :)

PS: I am male too. :)