Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
icosotc

Need Some Proactiv+ Advice

Hi people, I'm a 26 yo guy who's been suffering from mild/moderate acne since I was about 17, and over the past year or so it had been under control with maybe one fresh spot a week.

Suddenly 3 weeks ago I had a huge breakout across my chin and mustache area, basically all around the facial hair area in the general shape of a goatee of acne. So I decided to try out Proactiv, and have been using it for 2 weeks now, but I'm not sure if it's helping or making things worse.

I get acne that remains under the skin, and just comes up as a large, painful red bump, sometimes a combination of 2 or 3 spots like that in one area (not sure what the name is for that type of acne is). I've been using Proactiv twice a day following the guide, and it seems to 'kill' the fresh, painful pimples relatively quickly (like within 1 - 2 days) with only a painless red mark remaining.

This is pleasing, however after 1 phase of pimples is killed, another lot have been popping up right after in different areas. Started with my chin/upper lip, then moved to the inner cheek, then after those died moved to the outer cheekbones area, and now the latest is along the jawline which just popped up yesterday evening.

I know it's only been 2 weeks, but I'd just like to know if this is normal, especially the constant change in the areas in which the acne is popping up after a previous phase has been 'killed'? Now I'm stuck with horrible red blotches from all different areas around my face, along with new swollen red spots on the latest jawline area.